bloXroute Labs, creators of the Blockchain Distribution Network (BDN) launched v1.5 in Q4 2019, and has now delivered the first major upgrade to the network since then: BDN v1.6.
BDN v1.6 focused on improving logging and startup parameters for the BDN gateways, strengthening network architecture, and providing new network measurement features. Also in this version, bloXroute further optimized block and transaction propagation speeds exiting China. Finally, BDN v1.6 added user-focused features; such as account support and ways to measure network efficiency.
Comprehensive list of new features in BDN v1.6
- Enabled SSL with certificates for all BDN components.
- Support for user accounts, including the capability to measure the number of blocks and transactions sent from each account and the introduction of free quotas.
- Performance improvement for block propagation from China.
- Improved gateway startup parameters.
- Improved gateway logging.
- Added gateway status log.
- Added bloXroute-cli.
- Gateway periodically checks for an optimal relay.
- Gateways located in China will now connect to two relays instead of one: one in China and one outside of China.
- Relays will not propagate old transactions in case they are resubmitted (will still be propagated by the P2P network).
- The network now reports on the BDN efficiency, measuring the percentage of time that blocks and transactions are received first from the BDN vs the P2P network.
- Various bug fixes.
“The upgrade went according to plan, with no downtime and all operations functioning properly. We are proud of our engineering team for the successful upgrade and are confident our users will find the improvements beneficial. bloXroute is committed to delivering the most innovative blockchain networking technology. We have already begun work on v1.7, planned for release in Q2 2020.”
– The bloXroute Labs team