“Designed with scalability and security in mind, Zilliqa is the first decentralized smart contract platform that meets the requirements of enterprise use-cases. As such, we have recently seen the likes of UnstoppableDomains, Krypton’s Zilliqa Planet, and KOFO’s atomic swap service launching their DApps on this very platform. Now, we have turned out attention to the continuous development of the platform, and a positive experience for those who choose to build on us. Moving forward, we will focus on the second layer infrastructure tooling that businesses will need to conduct b-commerce.”
– The Zilliqa Team
Checkout the fourth wave of awardees below:
#1 Category: Tools and Libraries
- Awardee Project Name: DS Reputation system
- Awardee Name: Jeremy Heng
- Brief Description: The Directory Service (DS) committee of the Zilliqa network is crucial to the formation of blocks within the network. Hence, if they misbehave, there will be a scenario where they can stall the network and making it barely usable due to the slow blocks formed. Therefore, a reputation system will be needed to keep track of the behavior of DS nodes within the network, slashing their rewards if they are intentionally griefing the network.
- Github link: https://github.com/Zilliqa/Zilliqa/pull/1587
#2 Category: Tools and Libraries
- Awardee Project Name: PyZil SDK
- Awardee Name: Gully Chen
- Brief Description: The mining pool’s community codebase is majority Python-based, which means it is difficult for them to integrate Zilliqa’s functions (such as batch transfers, checking epoch num, etc.) to their existing pool infrastructure. Hence, PyZil SDK is created for that particular purpose of serving the miner community. Additionally, it also functions as a full-fledged SDK that allows you to do Key management and deploy/call smart contracts on Zilliqa network.
- Github link: https://github.com/deepgully/pyzil
#3 Category: Wallets
- Awardee Project Name: ZilPay
- Awardee Name: Rinat
- Brief Description: Ever wondered if deploying contracts can be as easy as filling up a Google Form and clicking “Submit”? Now you can with ZilPay extension wallet with Ledger Nano S support. An extremely versatile Chrome/Firefox extension, you can use it to easily deploy and access sample contracts, such as Fungible tokens (a la ERC20) and Non-Fungible tokens (a la ERC721) using the slick dApps created by Rinat on the ZilPay portal.
- Wallet portal and GitHub links: https://zilpay.xyz/https://github.com/zilpay/zil-pay
#4 Category: Wallets
- Awardee Project Name: Zillet
- Awardee Name: Manish Kumar
- Brief Description: Troubled by the complexity of cryptocurrency wallets? Zillet.io is here to the rescue. With a slick UI and filled with tooltips for the Users, Zillet.io simplifies user interaction with their digital assets and make you feel safer when transferring them. Access a large amount of knowledge base in Zillet’s Help Center at any moment in order to find out more. Zillet is also a Progressive Web Application (PWA), which means users can download it to a Desktop and access your wallet locally.
- Wallet portal and GitHub links: https://zillet.io/https://github.com/zillet/zillet
#5 Category: Education
- Awardee Project Name: Magical Sprinkle of Blockchain
- Awardee Name: HashAcademy
- Brief Description: Ever wondered what problems a blockchain is supposed to solve? Having trouble cutting through the noise within this industry? HashAcademy created an introductory guide for aspiring blockchain enthusiast who are looking for a basic understanding of blockchain technology. Get a deep dive into the Zilliqa smart contract platform technology, the Scilla programming language, and the general developer tooling, in order to kick start your journey in the decentralized world.
- Video link: https://youtu.be/wxZl507iBf0
#6 Category: Tools and Library
- Awardee Project Name: Scilla VSCode extension
- Awardee Name: Asindu Willfred Drileba
- Brief Description: Program faster and more efficiently with a linter for Scilla made for VSCode (the most loved editor in the industry)
- VSCode marketplace download and GitHub links: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=as1ndu.scillahttps://github.com/as1ndu/scilla
#7 Category: Tools and Libraries
- Awardee Project Name: zil-cli
- Awardee Name: Ovidiu Miclea
- Brief Description: Zli-cli aims to be a full-fledged command-line wallet (with Ledger integration), a tool for miners to operate their mining pool, and a testing framework for developers to manage their Scilla smart contract deployments. It is created specifically for Users who wish to use the UNIX shell to operate on the Zilliqa network.
- NPM and GitHub links: https://npmjs.org/package/zilclihttps://github.com/micovi/zilcli
#8 Category: Tools and Libraries
- Awardee Project Name: GraphQL relational database
- Awardee Name: Chen Ting
- Brief Description: In order to facilitate financial payments on-chain, one might wonder how can a business satisfy the regulator’s KYC/AML demands. Hence, a tool for chain analysis and risk score management is required for any businesses who wish to comply. The first step towards such a solution is to create a relational database that offers a rich amount of metadata that is associated with an address/account. Hence, Chen Ting is working on a Neo4j-based relational database and its relevant API services for these Chainanalysis solutions to utilize.
- GitHub link: https://github.com/COLD-PLAY/Postgraduate/tree/master/Zilliqa
#9 Category: Tools and Libraries
- Awardee Project Name: Incentive
- Awardee Name: Sami Start
- Brief Description: Cryptocurrency’s onboarding process for dApps has always been a hassle for a User. One has to register on a third-party exchange, deposit their $ZIL to exchange, swap for the dApp native token, and withdraw to their wallet before being able to utilize this dApp. Hence, Incentive aims to simplify this whole process by providing an API service for a swap that any wallets in the Zilliqa Ecosystem can integration (i.e. Moonlet). Swap within your wallet and access your desired dApp without an external exchange involved with Incentive.
- Website link and GitHub: https://www.incentive.direct/https://github.com/incentive-direct/python-sdk
#10 Category: DApp
- Awardee Project Name: PackagePortal
- Awardee Name: J.G. Whitle
- Brief Description: The objective of PackagePortal is to reduce the level of trust required amongst the Shipping party, its last-mile delivery driver, and its Customer, by incentivizing each party to be honest. This will be achieved by providing participating Shippers with a non-fungible, “Proof of Receipt Token”, or “PORT”. These NFTs will then be assigned to QR codes to be printed on shipment labels and the token travels with the package label, from a Shipment Wallet, by a Driver, to a Customer, via mobile app camera scans.
- Website link: https://packageportal.com
#11 Category: DApp
- Awardee Project Name: DX3os M2M economy
- Awardee Name: Vladimir Komendantskiy
- Brief Description: In order to facilitate commerce in the large scale industrial IoT machine economy via DX3 (https://www.dx3os.com/) operating system, there first needs to be a way to establish the identities for these machines using immutable smart contracts and facilitate payments using native currency like $ZIL. As a result, machines can connect and sign smart contract agreements autonomously, without the need for human intervention. This project will serve as the first proof-of-concept of combining scalable blockchain solution (Zilliqa) and formally-verifiable smart contract language (Scilla) to be the backbone of the IoT industry in the future.
- Website link: https://www.dx3os.com