Klaytn, the blockchain project led by the South Korean Internet giant Kakao, has announced the winners for its BApp (Blockchain Application) competition, ‘Klaytn Horizon.’
Back in May, Klaytn Horizon invited all developers worldwide to build blockchain applications on the Klaytn platform whose mainnet launched this past June. Prioritizing its efforts towards mass blockchain adoption and ecosystem building, Klaytn prospected for competent blockchain projects.
Over 100 projects were submitted by developers across the globe including Korea, U.S., China, France, Russia, Switzerland, Slovakia, India, the Philippines, and many others.
Most of the projects are Klaytn-based tools including wallets and exchanges that enhance BApp development and usability. The judges selected 15 award-winning teams that have the most potential to deliver practical service with meaningful values based on user-friendly blockchain experience.
The top five winners of the Klaytn Horizon are as follows:
- Exnomy (India & Korea) – Exnomy is a hybrid cryptocurrency exchange that enables a handful of cryptocurrencies tradeable with Klaytn’s token KLAY based on high scalability and competitive gas fee structure. It combines high security with fast transaction speed.
- Jetstream (Korea) – Jetstream is a Chrome browser extension wallet that enables the transfer of KLAY and KCT (Klaytn Compatible Tokens) as well as Klaytn-based non-fungible tokens (NFTs). The fees incurred by users can also be delegated to a service provider to ensure an effective user experience.
- Klay.exchange (The Philippines & Korea) – Klay.exchange is a decentralized exchange protocol supporting the value transfer of KLAY and KCT. Based on an intuitive swap algorithm, the service allows simple and easy blockchain experience for users.
- KUSD Stablecoin (U.S. & Russia) – KUSD is the stablecoin solution that seeks to effectively mitigate the arbitration risk and price volatility by pegging KLAY to US Dollar. KUSD also provides toolkits such as ‘Klaybook’ to facilitate smart contract deployment and ‘Klayfee,’ which enables fee delegation for Klaytn-based BApps.
- Odin for Klaytn (Korea) – Odin for Klaytn is a real-time smart contract auditing service that allows developers to easily analyze and review their smart contracts in order to prevent security risk. It also issues immutable audit reports to certify smart contracts that no longer contain security risks or code errors.
The first five teams of Tier 1 will receive $100,000 each, which will be awarded in KLAY token, while Tier 2 (the second five teams) and Tier 3 (the third five teams) will receive $50,000 and $30,000 worth of KLAY each. Information on all the winning teams can be found on the competition website.
“We are excited to welcome prospective blockchain services in various industry domains including finance, entertainment, lifestyle, and technology. Klaytn is going to provide the winning teams with full support on business and technical sides for successful service operation and mutual growth with us. To foster a healthy blockchain ecosystem, we also excluded gambling services.”
– Chase Choi, Head of Business Development, Klaytn