Gemini, the US-headquartered cryptocurrency exchange and trust company, today announced the enhancement of its custody services, now with a proper name, Gemini Custody.
A provider of custodial services since launching in October of 2015, Gemini has now expanded its product offering significantly (details below):
- More Cryptos — Gemini now supports 18 cryptos for custody: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ether, Litecoin, Zcash, and the following ERC-20 tokens: 0x (ZRX), Augur (REP), Basic Attention (BAT), Bread (BRD), Dai (DAI), Decentraland (MANA), Enjin (ENJ), Flexacoin (FXC), Gemini dollar (GUSD), Kyber Network (KNC), Loom Network (LOOM), Maker (MKR), OmiseGo (OMG), and soon will be adding more.
- SOC 2 — Gemini Custody is SOC 2 Type 1 compliant, and is currently undergoing a Type 2 examination.
- Offline Storage — crypto is custodied offline using hardware security modules (HSMs), multisignature technology, and geographically distributed, access-controlled facilities.
- Hardware Security Keys — accounts are secure with a hardware security key via WebAuthn. This provides hardware-backed, cryptographic proof that it is the owner (and not someone else) signing into their account.
- Withdrawal Address Whitelisting — Gemini provides a withdrawal address whitelisting tool to restrict crypto withdrawals to addresses which have been pre-added to a whitelist. Alternatively, users can also block all crypto withdrawals on their account.
- Instant Liquidity — instantly trade crypto in custody on the Gemini exchange without waiting for it to be transferred out of cold storage.
- New Interface — new web interface and account features. Check balances, download account statements, initiate withdrawals, and more. Auditors can also be provided view-only access into an account to confirm balances, transactions, and activity.
- Sub-accounts — just released, sub-accounts enables admins to create and manage multiple accounts with distinct sets of users, account balances, and unique, independently verifiable crypto addresses all under a single master account.