HoshoCon, the first-of-its-kind blockchain security conference, organized by Hosho Group is set to welcome world-leading experts in security and regulation to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas on October 9-11, 2018. HoshoCon will feature a curated agenda of leading security professionals, technologists, lawyers, and developers to discuss global standards for blockchain and security. In addition to a keynote speech by renowned blockchain expert and best-selling author Andreas M. Antonopoulos, HoshoCon will host interactive programming and social events headlined by internationally-acclaimed EDM artist 3LAU. The event will also provide attendees with valuable networking opportunities from leaders in the blockchain industry.
“With security often considered an afterthought in the blockchain industry, HoshoCon is solely focused on unifying experts from all fields to drive home the importance of forward-thinking security practices and innovation to create stronger institutions. HoshoCon aims to bring the importance of education to the forefront of dialogue and spark conversations around the security protocols, procedures, and regulations necessary to elevate the industry standards and better protect businesses, governments, users, and investors.”
HoshoCon will feature some of the most prominent executives and entrepreneurs in the blockchain industry, included among the confirmed speakers are:
- Michael Perklin, Chief Information Security Officer of Shapeshift
- Adam Draper, Founder and Managing Director of Boost VC
- Yo Sub Kwon, Co-founder, and CEO of Hosho Group, Inc.
- C. Alden Pelker, Computer Crime, and Intellectual Property Section, Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- Dave Huseby, Security Maven of Hyperledger
- Meltem Demirors, Chief Strategy Officer of CoinShares
- Anand Prakash, Founder of Appsecure and Renowned White-Hat Hacker
- Diego Gutierrez Zaldívar, Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder of RSK
- Jonathan Nelson, Managing Director of HACK Fund
- Joanne O’Brien, Tax and Compliance Specialist of Deloitte
- Alena Vranova, Co-founder of Satoshi Labs
- Andre McGregor, Partner and Global Head of Security of TLDR Capital
- Scott Purcell, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Trust Officer of Prime Trust
- Joseph Weinberg, Chairman of Shyft
- Greg Pinn, Head of Strategy of iComply Investor Services
- Cylus Watson, Managing Partner of Pink Sky Capital
- Mikko Ohtamaa, Chief Technology Officer of TokenMarket
- James Daniels, Special Agent Program Manager of Cyber Crimes HQ
- Dewen Tarn, Chief Legal Officer of Citadel SPV
- Adam Englander, Software Architect of TransUnion
As the event’s keynote speaker Andreas M. Antonopoulos will bring an extensive breadth of knowledge to the inaugural blockchain security conference by leading the discussion on the future of security and programmable money. The audience will get an understanding of the transformative potential of blockchain from an expert in the industry.
Vegas-native 3LAU (aka Justin Blau) is the Founder and CEO of Our Music Festival, a blockchain-enabled music festival aiming to reward fans and artists with tokens for participating. In addition to performing at the HoshoCon official after-party, Blau will speak at HoshoCon on how blockchain technology can be implemented to improve various sectors.