OKCoin, a leading digital asset exchange company, today announced it added support for 5 more cryptocurrencies on its exchange for USA users, including Ripple (XRP), Cardano (ADA), Stellar (XLM), Zcash (ZEC) and 0x (ZRX).
USA traders and investors in applicable states can now buy and sell these cryptocurrencies securely through OKCoin’s licensed exchange. They will be paired against fiat (USD), Bitcoin and Ethereum.
The addition expands the list of supported cryptocurrencies for OKCoin in the USA market, a list which includes Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, and Litecoin.
The five new convertible virtual currencies will be paired against USD and available for trading only to California residents.
The five tokens added will be paired against Bitcoin and Ethereum and available for token-to-token trading in 21 US states.
“We are very pleased to welcome these five new cryptocurrencies and all of the communities that trade them. As we build out the broadest set of financial products on a globally regulated exchange, we are committed to expanding the trading pairs for our customers, while bringing tokens to the exchange that offer utility, value and demonstrable use cases. Today’s announcement signifies a giant step forward for the entire ecosystem.”
- XRP – An independent, decentralized digital asset, XRP settles payments in 3-4 seconds and can scale to handle 50,000 transactions per second, which makes it the best digital asset for cross-border payments. Ripple, an enterprise blockchain company, uses XRP in one of their products – xRapid – to help banks and payment providers source liquidity on demand.
- Cardano (ADA) – Cardano is a decentralized public blockchain and cryptocurrency project and is open source. Cardano is developing a smart contract platform which seeks to deliver more advanced features than any protocol previously developed. It is the first blockchain platform to evolve out of a scientific philosophy and a research-first driven approach. The development team consists of a large global collective of expert engineers and researchers.
- Lumens (XLM) – Lumens are the native token of Stellar, an open network that allows any currency or asset to be digitally issued, transferred, and exchanged over the internet. The Stellar public ledger has a built-in order book, pathfinding algorithm, and network token that together allow assets to move seamlessly between participants. With investment from payment company Stripe and a partnership with IBM, Stellar is an open-source, decentralized protocol for the transfer of value globally.
- Zcash (ZEC) – Zcash is a privacy-protecting, digital currency built on strong science. Transact efficiently and safely with low fees while ensuring digital transactions remain private. Selectively disclose address and transaction information for information sharing, auditing or regulatory compliance.
- 0x (ZRX) – Enabling the creation of a decentralized exchange, 0x is an open source protocol designed for exchanging any ERC20 token on the Ethereum blockchain in a fast and cost-effective way. The 0x protocol facilitates the exchange of a growing number of Ethereum-based tokens including currencies, game items, and many more digital assets.