Waves, the blockchain for custom token generation and trading made a surprise announcement today with its decentralized exchange having undergone a major redesign and UI update. The new release makes the Waves DEX more user-friendly and professional.
The main highlights include a completely new UI plus improved app stability and performance by moving to custom-built data infrastructure and API.
Features of the Waves DEX:
- Decentralised and anonymous. No middle man or difficult registration procedures. Funds are stored safely in your wallet, not on the exchange.
- Real liquidity. >$6,310,000 average 24h volume.
- Insanely low fees. <$0.01 (0.003 WAVES) per order.
- Fast and secure. Matcher nodes execute trades in near-real time, whilst the Waves-NG protocol ensures that settlement occurs on the blockchain within seconds — giving speeds similar to centralized exchanges.
- Unlimited withdrawal limits for crypto.
- Issue a token and see it on DEX straight away. All tokens launched within the Waves Platform appear on DEX immediately after issuance and can be traded instantly.
- Trading of any pairs. Easy and flexible search for a given pair, from hundreds of thousands of possibilities.
- Multiple fiat and crypto gateways. BTC, BCH, ETH, WAVES, ZEC, DASH, LTC and XMR; EUR, USD and TRY.
- Available for any device. Use DEX within a browser, standalone or mobile versions.
Below is a closer look at the latest DEX UI.
All tokens issued on the Waves Platform appear on DEX right after they are created. Users can trade them against any of the other 16,000 tokens issued so far, in any combination.
With the new Watchlist, users can find tokens they are interested in quickly and easily. Rundown of Watchlist features:
- Search by a full pair, not just one token
- Add any pair to Favourites
- Market volume calculation by the pair
- Sorting of pairs — all pairs are organized by volume by default, so the most liquid examples come up first
- Token ID info can be obtained with one click
- Highlighting for the volume of a submitted order
- User’s orders are highlighted in the list of all orders
- Returning to the center allows comfortable viewing of order list after scrolling
My open orders
- View detailed info on partially fulfilled orders
- Sorting and filtering
- ‘Close all’ button that allows cancellation of all orders at once
- The total field can be edited
- Scheduling of orders for a precise time now available within UI
- Ask, Bid, and Last buttons allow quick trades at the market price
The updated DEX also features new sections including detailed trading history and my balance segment which lists all of the balances and tokens the user has in their possession.
The Waves team said:
“We hope you’ll agree that the most recent set of updates brings the Waves DEX into line with the user experiences of the most popular crypto exchanges, and in fact offers even more sophisticated functionality than some of the top trading platforms. Liquidity is increasing all the time, and we expect to see many, many more traders take the step to using a decentralized platform that is free from hacks and downtime. Come and join them!”