NavCoin has just released a new version of their lite wallet, NavPay 4.1, and is now available on iOS. The app is also available on Android phones and web browsers. NavPay is a crypto wallet developed by the NavCoin community. This wallet provides a quick and simple way to take control of your private keys without downloading any blockchain.
The benefits of NavCoin are that while it is based on the same technology as Bitcoin, it uses less electricity and allows for faster transactions. It also uses a Proof of Stake algorithm to secure its network.
In brief, some of the key features included in this version are:
- Addition of iOS progressive web app option. Plans are underway to have Apple include this app in their iTunes store. At the moment, users can access the wallet as an app that can be saved on their home screen.
- A better QR scanner. It is now possible to back up wallets using the QR scanner. The speed and efficiency of the QR scanner have also been improved for better performance.
- Better and improved translations from Russia and Chinese. Additionally, a huge library of traditional Chinese translations has been included.
- Users are prompted to encrypt their wallets and reminded to secure them. The features provide encryption and reinforce security. Constant reminders are sent to encrypt the wallet if a user hasn’t done that.
- The backend servers have also been provided with multiple backups. This has enabled faster hosting. Multiple UI improvements and fixes have also been done.
Some of the notable players who help run this protocol are New Zealand nationals Craig MacGregor, Director/ CEO at Encrypt S Limited, Paul Sanderson, a blockchain engineer and Mike Delucchi, a director at Zanuca Labs.
The community is now finalizing the release of the next version of NavCoin, the team says, “The NavCoin Core protocol 4.2 is almost ready to go. This is a big update which kicks off the community fund accumulation amongst other things.”