Japanese early-stage venture capital firm IT-Farm Corp. announced it will invest in Emercoin, the blockchain platform for a wide range of distributed trusted services to help the provider expand its activities in Japan, a country friendly to cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies. Morio Kurosaki, president of IT-Farm, also will join the Emercoin Advisory Board to help promote Emercoin technology in Japan and identify pilot projects where Emercoin can help businesses use the technology to design, secure, and provide innovative solutions.
The move by IT-Farm comes after the Bitfury Group, a leading full-service blockchain technology firm, announced last month it will invest and support the Emercoin blockchain to expand the scope of applications it designs for customers.
“We very much look forward to working with the Emercoin team to expand their activities in Japan,” said Kurosaki. “Emercoin’s innovative blockchain business solutions should be received with great enthusiasm in the country.”
Emercoin offers a suite of decentralized, secure services on top of its blockchain, including:
- Domain name services – recording, securing, proving ownership.
- Digital time-stamping & digital ownership.
- Decentralized advertising.
- New secure & distributed authentication, authorization, auditing, and accounting.
- Decentralized, password-less authentication.
- Decentralized, mass-scale access control on system certificates (SSL & SSH).
- Decentralized, peer-to-peer voice-over IP communication.
“We are pleased to have such an esteemed investment group as IT-Farm recognizing the potential of our technology. We look forward to working with IT-Farm to bring Emercoin technology to Japanese businesses and community. We also very much look forward to having Emercoin listed on one of Japan’s leading cryptocurrency exchanges during the year 2018.”