HitBTC, the European based cryptocurrency exchange has put out a statement regarding the state of affairs with the company. Responding to recent events being made attention to on different websites, where many users have been complaining of non-responses from contact questions as well as withdrawal transfer requests on their HitBTC accounts.
Disputing they have been overwhelmed with the number of users taken on in recent months, HitBTC says they’ve had a massive increase in the volume of support tickets and is trying to work their way through the queue. Time will tell if there are merits to the complaints out of the thousands and thousands of exchange users, or just some bad experiences in the midst of the overloaded support team.
Many services have been experiencing technical issues due to the increasing number of clients. Some exchanges are suspending new registrations entirely, and others are taking limitation measures as well.
See below their official statement regarding the recent issues, the same statement as published on HitBTC’s website earlier in the day.
HitBTC is facing challenges without limiting the possibilities for our clients and we are proud to be one of the few to do so. Expectedly, if a malfunction does occur nowadays, it affects more customers than ever before. The number of our clients has been growing exponentially which has inevitably caused more issues than before and has resulted in a significantly increased amount of complaints.
We have also experienced several DDoS attacks in the last couple of weeks, making things worse. It is a challenging task at the moment as we need to optimize our system for the influx of new traders at the same time and sustain the great number of markets we have, which approaches almost five hundred in total. Our team of experts is handling all matters 24/7.
The software issues are worth mentioning as well. As we’re often the first to deal with new coins, we’re the first to large-scale test their equipment, which usually remains in beta version. Safe exploitation of it is being questioned consequently. Our engineers are locating and resolving vulnerabilities and bugs in the software, manually proceeding stuck transactions when needed. It can mean that certain currencies may remain in maintenance mode for days, with their transactions pending.
All of the above basically means that the waiting line for our support is enormous right now.In the first three weeks of December, we have received one and a half times more requests than in the previous three months. Behind every issue, there is an easy explanation, but failure to provide them on time (e.g. immediately) predictably causes so-called FUD – fear, uncertainty, and doubt.
The following announcements are being presented to eliminate it.
- Every support ticket will receive its reply.
- It is worth mentioning right now, despite that it goes without saying by default. Not a single issue will remain unprocessed. However, in order for our support heroes to deliver the best possible efficiency, we kindly ask you not to create more than one ticket regarding the same issue. Also, it’s a good idea to check on a regular basis whether the reported trouble has already been resolved or fixed. The successful resolution of the issue often arrives more quickly than our proper report about that. Please be patient.
- HitBTC trading has always been secure and it remains so.
- Not a single bit of our clients’ assets had been lost since our launch in 2013. HitBTC applies the industries’ most reliable methods of protection and provides its traders with a whole set of security tools. However, due to increased hacker activity, it’s extremely important to take security measures in your own control zone. Please make yourself acquainted with our detailed article (https://support.hitbtc.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005044629-Protect-your-account).
- Our main priorities are the safety of your funds and unlimited access to trading.
- It means that not a single coin of yours can be lost in limbo. Every deposit will reach its destination, every withdrawal will be processed. Some trading opportunities might be missed due to issues mentioned above, but in the long run, the opportunities are endless. Our engineers are making it happen, constantly working on the expansion of the HitBTC market.
- It’s getting better all the time.
- Our team of experts has been developing advanced software, capable of handling the extreme load levels. Support requests processing rate has increased, as our team is scaling and adapting to provide our traders with upscale customer service.