Exodus, the blockchain asset wallet application has announced support now for Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Ethereum Classic (ETC) to its family of assets. When Bitcoin Cash first was forked, the company along with many others said they would not support it.
However, some, included Exodus have since caved in due to user demand to support BCH, as users needed somewhere to put the coins if they decided to keep them.
See the full update notes for Exodus 1.31.1 below:
- The Settings > Assets section has been rebuilt and upgraded. There are now links to each projects Reddit, website, and Twitter feeds along with a short summary describing each asset Exodus supports. This is a great 1-stop way find out more about the latest assets supported by Exodus.
- The Settings > Assets tab is now selected by default the first time you visit the Settings section.
- Spacing adjustments have been made to allow more room to fit more assets.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is here. Upgrade to version 1.36.0 to send and receive Bitcoin Cash.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) is here. Upgrade to version 1.36.0 to send and receive Ethereum Classic.
- Big speed improvements when receiving Ethereum, Ethereum Classic and all Ethereum (ERC20) tokens.
- Preparations have been made to notify users and put safeguards in place for the upcoming Bitcoin hard fork. More details in Exodus Bitcoin hard fork article in the Exodus Knowledge Base.
- Additional Ethereum servers and second-factor tiers are now implemented to prepare all Exodus customers for the upcoming Ethereum hard fork.
- If users do not hold any QTUM assets, QTUM is now hidden and disabled by default. QTUM recently changed from an ERC20 (Ethereum supported) token to a native blockchain. More details about this upgrade process is detailed in the Exodus Knowledge Base.
- Can now exchange any asset for Bitcoin Cash (BCH).
- Can now exchange any asset for Ethereum Classic (ETC).