Dmarket has announced the first universal marketplace for cross-game trading, bringing real value for virtual content from any game. The platform will be based on blockchain technology and smart contracts to ensure quick and secure transactions.
Currently, there are more than 2.2 billion gamers, spending a tremendous amount of time playing. In 2016 the game industry revenue has reached $100 billion.
Yet there are only 4,000 pro gamers, who are making profits from their skills, while the rest can’t convert their time spent gaming into real money.
Accordingly, Dmarket offers a solution, which will merge together virtual and real economies, setting actual value for in-game assets.
Dmarket will allow gamers to buy, sell, and trade everything from skins to tools and weapons from any game with the click of a button. Gamers will be able to earn money by selling the items they own and then using that money to buy other items for various other games or simply cash it out.
Volodymyr Panchenko, the founder, and CEO of Dmarket said:
“DMarket is going to become a game-changer for the industry, creating a multi-billion market of in-game items. Twelve months ago we started trading virtual items in just a couple of games. We have already traded 20 millions of those. We know what the market needs and how to build it. The blockchain technology enables one-click sales, creating a bridge between different game universes, providing real value for virtual assets.”
Dmarket is set to launch its crowdsale on the 17th of August, 2017 and there are already many indie game developers who are interested in Dmarket’s API. However, the magnitude of popularity on launch date will probably determine the success in store for this decentralized in-game marketplace.
The Dmarket token is represented by Appcoin. It will be used across the Dmarket platform, and will not be limited by the platform in the future. Tokens will be used:
- As a currency, in case of buying/selling in-game items
- For deducting fees for trading in-game items
- To distribute profits among digital property copyright holders
- For premium account acquisition for wholesalers and retailers
- For BigData-analytics acquisition
- To postpone service fees, based on smart contracts which are sourced from one Dmarket user to another
Tokens Distribution Phase #1
- Start date: 17th of August 2017 (12:00 PM NYC Time, UTC-4)
- End date: 20th of August 2017 (12:00 PM NYC Time, UTC-4)
- Dmarket tokens distribution cap (Phase #1):50,000,000 DMarket tokens
- Currency accepted: ETH, BTC
- Minimal goal to start: 5,000,000 DMarket tokens
- Token exchange rate: 1 ETH = 1,000 DMarket tokens
- Amount of tokens per one person: unlimited
- Minimum transaction amount: 0.1 ETH
- Maximum transaction amount: unlimited
Learn more about Dmarket at dmarket.io, the white paper is also available.