Santiment, a data feed platform for crypto-markets today announced it will launch a three-stage token sale for its token SAN. Santiment will commence a community sale on July 4, 2017, followed by a sale via Cofound.it’s Priority Pass mechanism on July 5 and a public crowdsale starting July 6, 2017, and concluding August 6, 2017.
The token sale will have a minimum threshold of 15,000 ETH and a maximum cap of 45,000 ETH. Santiment is the first project guided by Cofound.it, the advisory platform for blockchain startups planning crowdsales.
Santiment Founder Maksim Balashevich said:
“Santiment is proud to partner with Cofound.it, the leader in establishing cryptocurrency and token sale best practices. Leveraging the expert guidance of the Cofound.it team and the company’s innovative Priority Pass mechanism, Sanitment is confident in hosting a substantial token sale that will help us deliver the market sentiment and blockchain activity platform that the crypto community has long demanded.”
“The Santiment team aims to build the market data infrastructure that powers the entire cryptocurrency and blockchain space. The team consists of proven entrepreneurs and crypto-traders. To bring Santiment to life, this group of experts is launching a token sale with an innovative mission to create a better-informed community.”
By creating a transparent database of projects, Santiment provides investors with a definitive means by which to identify and avoid nefarious, untrustworthy crowdsale projects. When combined with objective data feeds and expert-curated content, the solution gives subscribers an advantage in trading, while mitigating the risk of their investments.
Cofound.it CEO and Co-founder Jan Isakovic said:
“Santiment represents the first of the very select few startups that have passed through Cofound.it’s rigorous selection process. We are confident in the ability of this prolific team to deliver its much-needed product to the crypto community.”
SAN tokens will give users and exchanges access to feeds of information. It is also the sole means of accessing auctions for exclusive data feeds and content related to the token sale and team analysis, market research, project due diligence, and country-specific regulations. Non-exclusive services will also be available for subscriptions payable in fiat currency.
Santiment will focus on servicing three key customer bases: wealth and hedge fund managers, traders new to crypto markets, and data vending channels. By using the Santiment platform, wealth and hedge fund managers will gain access to a diverse set of useful data feeds for quantitative trading. Beginner crypto-traders can obtain easily-digestible insights into market trends. Data vending channels — including exchanges like eToro, Bittrex, and Kraken, as well as asset management platforms like ICONOMI and Melonport — will receive instantaneous data solutions to lend them a competitive advantage while trading.
Santiment’s token sale will be divided into three stages: the first 75% of the raise will be open for participation to the Santiment community. The tokens remaining from the community sale and the next 25% of all tokens will be open for Cofound.it Priority Pass holders. All remaining tokens will then be open to any interested party. Priority Pass members will be notified via email when Santiment tokens become available to them. The remaining tokens will then become available during the public sale on July 6, 2017.
Funds raised in the token sale will be distributed as follows:
50% will be reserved for the data feed development, 15% will go to data feed and service acquisitions, 15% for marketing and business development, 10% for operational expenses, 5% for legal expenses, and the remaining 5% will serve as a reserve fund.
In its current alpha stage, Santiment has already developed a working mobile app. It consists of a historical price feed and charts, a troll box sentiment feed, and a sentiment journaling game. This combination of feeds is the foundation for a growing mobile terminal. Santiment aims to have a functioning mobile and web terminal completed by early 2018, with thousands of data feeds by 2019.
“With the support of the community and Cofound.it, Santiment will be the financial market data and content platform of choice for cryptocurrency and blockchain space, analogous to the role that Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters serve in traditional financial markets. Santiment offers data feeds and content streams, including newswires, alongside a regularly updated database of cryptocurrency projects. Its long-term goal is to serve as the market data infrastructure for cryptocurrency and the blockchain economy.”
Supporters can participate in the SAN token sale with Ethereum (ETH). SAN tokens are intended to be traded on major exchanges.