The idea of earning while playing, also known as play-to-earn, has been around for many years. Though there have been numerous interpretations of this idea, perhaps the best portrayal of this concept is crypto casino games. Crypto casino games allow you to enjoy the thrill of conventional casino games while offering the potential to win cryptocurrency. While many people play it for the thrill, some, if not most, play it solely for potential gains.
Though crypto casino gamers have their own approach to winning, you’ll notice that Pragmatic Play crypto slots are often their top game choice. Of course, there’s a reason behind this preference, but before that, let’s take a look at how Pragmatic Play crypto slots work.
How do Pragmatic Play crypto slots work?
Pragmatic Play crypto slots are no different from regular slots as far as gameplay goes. Take Sweet Bonanza, for example. Sweet Bonanza is a popular crypto slots game that works a little differently than most land-based slots: you spin the reels and hope for the best. Ideally, you’d want the same symbols to appear on the reels as this slots game is a ‘pay anywhere’ type of game – where symbols match anywhere on the reels to payout according to the pay table.
Perhaps the only part that seems confusing is the collection of terms that people often use when playing crypto slots. With that in mind, here’s a glossary of common terms used when talking about crypto slots.
- Auto Spin is an online slot feature that spins the reels without requiring input from the player. You can, however, set up certain things like how many times it spins.
- Bonus features are features that are unique to that specific slot game.
- Coins are what you use as currency for online slots. It works similarly to chips in casino table games, except in this case, you get cryptocurrency for exchanging coins.
- Coin size refers to how much a coin is worth when exchanged on the platform.
- Free spins are spins that you can execute for free. You don’t have to pay for them, but you can only get them as a reward for getting specific combinations.
- Max bet allows you to activate the maximum number of paylines available and bet the maximum amount on each line. You can choose not to use this feature and specify an amount you want to bet on each line, as well as how many lines you wish to activate.
- A multiplier is a number that multiplies your winnings, if there are any. It can increase depending on your combinations, and the bonus features the slot offers.
- Paylines refer to the lines in a slot game, which can be horizontal, vertical, or diagonal. An active payline rewards you with money if it contains a winning combination, but it requires you to pay a certain amount to activate. Winning combinations that fall on inactive paylines will not reward you with their corresponding winnings.
- Reels are the wheels that spin when you click the Spin button. The number of reels may vary from one slot game to another, though most of them have at least three reels.
- Symbols are the images on the reel that should appear to result in winning combinations. (1)
It seems like there’s plenty to memorize, but it’s still relatively simple compared to other online casino games. In fact, one of the reasons biggest reasons why slots are popular is the fact that it doesn’t take too much know-how to start, unlike other casino games like roulette or poker. It also pays out well, albeit winning is mostly a matter of luck rather than skill.
Why choose Pragmatic Play crypto slots?
Pragmatic Play is a company that develops online casino games, though they’re best known for their crypto slots. Their crypto slots share similar mechanics as those from other developers, but there are different reasons why you should choose the crypto slots from Pragmatic Play over others. To start with, it’s essential to understand that no two slot games are identical. Each slot will have some differences which can change the overall gameplay experience, such as the following:
- Return to player (RTP) rates is the percentage of the money you pay to play the game that is likely to return to you. For instance, a 97% RTP means that if you put USD$100 into the game, at least USD$97 will return to you. Of course, this is only an estimate. You can get a higher or lower return, depending on luck and a bit of strategy.
- The theme is the setting of the slot. Examples of common themes in crypto slots include Ancient Egypt, music, movies, and horror. This factor is purely aesthetic, and doesn’t affect profitability.
- The soundtrack is simply the sound or music you hear when playing the slot game.
- Bonus features refer to mechanics unique to a handful of slot games. These features often contribute to the profitability of a crypto slot. (2)
Since each crypto slot may vary in terms of profitability, it’s best if you choose the slot you play carefully. And as it turns out, crypto slots from Pragmatic Play have excellent RTP rates. But of course, a high RTP will mean nothing if you have no idea how to play the game.
How to start with Pragmatic Play crypto slots
Before you can play a Pragmatic Play crypto slot game, you need to make sure you have all the essentials set up. These include an account, a crypto wallet, and the right cryptocurrency assets If you’re starting from scratch, then here’s a quick list of what you need to do:
- Find and create an account on an online crypto casino platform.
- Buy the crypto coins you need from a crypto exchange.
- Create a crypto wallet for your coins.
- Connect the wallet to your online crypto casino account. The crypto casino platform should guide you throughout the process of doing this.
- Pick a game to play!
Tips and tricks for winning big at Pragmatic Play crypto slots
Playing crypto slots may be simple, but there’s more to it than just clicking the “Spin” and “Bet” button. There are several things you have to consider if you want to maximize your chances of winning. Here are five tips and tricks that help you win big at Pragmatic Play crypto slots:
Tip #1: Choose a crypto casino platform with minimal house edge
The term “house edge” refers to the mathematical advantage a casino has over the player. The greater the house edge, the more likely players are to lose. Though all platforms have a house edge, the extent may vary. Naturally, you’d want to choose a platform that has a minimal house edge to ensure you have a high chance of generating gains. In addition to house edge, you must also consider whether the platform is available in your country and their incentives.
Furthermore, keep in mind that not all platforms will have entries from Pragmatic Play crypto slots. If you’re open for suggestions, Stake.com has over 200 Pragmatic Play games.
Tip #2: Pick a slot game with a high RTP rate
As stated earlier, the RTP rate of a slot game will be a deciding factor to whether you can get away with profits or not. For maximum gains, choose a slot game with a high RTP rate.
For your reference, a high rate is above 98%, a mid-range would be anywhere from 95% to 98%, and rates of 95% and lower is considered low. This is where your selection of platform also comes in handy, since a platform with a lot of games would naturally equate to more options. (3)
Tip #3: Read the paytable
Every slot game has a paytable, including those from Pragmatic Play. The paytable basically shows you all the possibilities that may result in winnings. These include the basic mechanic where you win if you complete a specific combination, as well as other unique mechanics that affect how the game hands out winnings. For instance, you might be playing a Pragmatic Play crypto slot game where you can earn bonus winnings if you bet on two paylines every spin.
That’d mean every time you spin while betting on only one line, you’re effectively reducing your gains. Of course, you can very easily avoid this mistake by reading the paytable, hence this tip.
Tip #4: Don’t get greedy for large jackpots
When a player starts winning, they often succumb to adrenaline and all of a sudden goes gung-ho on their bets. While there’s nothing wrong with enjoying the game, you must still keep a calm head while playing. This is particularly true when you win minor jackpots. It may seem like the best time to go for larger jackpots, but it’s often not worth the risk.
Tip #5: Try out the demo before playing for real
Some crypto casino platforms have a demo feature where you can play certain casino games with fake money/crypto. It’s designed to help beginners get used to a specific game. If you’re not yet confident enough to play the crypto slot game for real, you might want to try it out on a demo first. This should allow you to familiarize the paytable and how the jackpots work. It’s also an excellent way to try out the tips you’ve just learned in this guide.
Crypto slots have now become a mainstream in various media primarily due to its profitability. However, it’s important to understand that online crypto slots aren’t designed solely for profit but also entertainment purposes. Rather than stressing yourself out on your winnings, it’s best if you enjoy your time playing the game.