Zero Hash, a FinCen-registered MSB providing bitcoin liquidity, today announced the close of its Series C funding round. It was led by tastytrade, a Chicago-based holding company that owns major broker-dealers including tastyworks and Dough, as well The Small Exchange. Existing investors also participated in the round including Bain Capital TradeStation, CMT Digital, and Monday Capital.
Similar to how “Banking as a Service” enables companies to focus on building products, Zero Hash provides the infrastructure to settle digital assets in a completely automated and regulated way. Zero Hash’s client base, which it has publicly announced, includes payment service providers including Moonpay and Banxa, established broker-dealers including TradeStation as well as some of the largest OTC groups globally.
Zero Hash will use the latest round of financing to enrich its feature base around its automated lending infrastructure as well as expand its product offering to include ACH processing. “We are pleased today to announce our fundraise. We believe our mission is particularly validated with the participation of some of our largest customers including TradeStation,” said Edward Woodford, Zero Hash’s co-founder, and CEO. “Zero Hash converts high fixed costs and multi-year lead times both from a technical and regulatory perspective into variable costs, with accessibility to Finance 2.0 with a couple of lines of code.”
“We’re excited for our company to begin its journey into digital currencies with one of the brightest, most innovative startups in the world of digital asset settlement,” says Tom Sosnoff, tastytrade’s Founder and Co-CEO. “Zero Hash offers the complete solution for trading and moving digital assets and we’re committed to exploring this domain through our investment.”
Key features of Zero Hash include:
- Identity: Verify users’ identities, with KYC/AML requirements under the BSA.
- Balance: Verify real-time account balances and deposits across all assets, with ownership validation.
- Lock: Lock and unlock the withdrawals of assets in real-time for committed and exited transactions.
- Transfer: Transfer the ownership of assets with Zero Hash providing the regulatory framework to serve 97%+ of the US population. All transfers can be automated with a full screening of assets to ensure compliance and peace of mind.
- Transactions: Access detailed transaction history with real-time transaction updates across 1000+ transaction pairs.
- Loans: Submit and manage digital asset loans with complete customization and automation of margin payments, collateral management, and more.