Bancor, the on-chain liquidity protocol that enables automated, decentralized exchange on Ethereum and across blockchains, today announced its latest developer challenge as part of Gitcoin’s DeFi-themed “Funding The Future” hackathon is now live.
From March 16th to March 30th, 22,500 BNT in prizes are up for grabs for developers who can create new Bancor liquidity pool designs and fiat on-ramps for Bancor liquidity pools. The submission deadline is 11:59 pm EST on Monday, March 30th.
See below more details on the developer challenges:
Challenge 1 — ️New Liquidity Pool Designs
Create new designs for liquidity pools that reduce slippage and maximize returns for liquidity providers.
Prize Bounty: 12,500 BNT
- 1st Prize — 10,000 BNT
- Runner Up — 2,500 BNT
Build and deploy alternative liquidity pool designs that:
- Efficiently process conversions
- Enable anyone to add liquidity and generate fees from trades.
- Connect to Bancor.
Ideas for inspiration:
- Integrate pools with lending protocols — e.g. users deposit DAI, but the pool actually holds cDAI.(Compound) or yDAI (iearn), maximizing yield for liquidity providers.
- Dynamically update the pool’s fees or weights to reduce impermanent loss.
- Utilize an “amplification coefficient” to reduce slippage without requiring more liquidity to be staked.
- Allow liquidity providers to be exposed to only one asset in the pool.
- Allow liquidity providers to enter and exit a pool with only one token, while ensuring that deposits/withdrawals do not imbalance the pool.
Challenge 2 — ️Fiat On-Ramp for Liquidity Pools
The goal is to make entering and exiting a liquidity pool as easy as possible for everyday users, the challenge is for developers to connect liquidity pools to the fiat world.
Prize Bounty: 10,000 BNT
- 1st Prize — 8,000 BNT
- Runner Up — 2,000 BNT
Eligible submissions will allow users to add liquidity (i.e., buy Bancor pool tokens) with a credit card and then withdraw funds from Bancor pools directly to their bank accounts. This can be accomplished by integrating a fiat-to-crypto provider into Bancor pools, such as:
- Or any fiat on/off ramp solution