JCB Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese credit card issuer and global payment network, today announced a new partnership with blockchain technology provider Keychain, to leverage blockchain in the payments space.
With Keychain’s technology, JCB aims to increase cybersecurity and operational integrity in next-gen payment systems, providing JCB users with new and delightful ways to engage in everyday payments.
Keychain’s main product, Keychain Core, is a solution accelerator that enables Keychain’s partners to build applications with self-sovereign identity, data-centric security, secure workflows, contracts, and settlement and custom digital assets.
Keychain Core supports a wide range of devices including personal computers, tablets, smartphones, smartwatches, and Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
Keychain Core Capabilities
- Self-sovereign identity – Enables users to create digital identities in a self-sovereign way.
- Data-centric security – Secures any data on any device anywhere in the world by requiring trusted third parties, regardless of the security of the storage and network environments.
- Secure workflows – Secures business workflows, such as payment settlement, with full auditability while maintaining confidentiality.
- Secure contracts – Enables globally compatible digital contract signing and processing.
- Digital assets – Enables regulated organizations to issue custom digital assets. For example: central bank and municipal digital money, energy credits, and gaming assets.