On October 10th, Multichain Ventures and Tabu Equity Investments signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the intent of exploring a partnership. The purpose of this partnership is to build out compliance software for the cannabis industry using blockchain technology.
The two companies are pursuing a number of joint venture opportunities, but this agreement is the first formal agreement in their relationship. Tabu will market Multichain Ventures into Asia and EU markets through affiliated partners.
The partnership will consist of a 9-month pilot program where Tabu will run a trial period of the digital currency payment processing software produced by Multichain Ventures Inc. This software will be provided through the Tokes platform, a Multichain subsidiary brand.
During this time, Tabu will have all subscriptions, transactions, and trade processing fees waived. The trial period’s key benefit to Multichain is for research and development, as quick iteration and improvement of the platform is currently the highest priority.
While Tabu receives unrestricted and fee-free access to the platform, they will be expected to provide beta-user feedback on its business integration, ease-of-use, and features.
This will allow for Multichain to deliver improved functionality of the software and open up the possibility for a 12-month subscription agreement following the pilot program.
Tabu Equity Investments is a cannabis-focused investment firm based in Vancouver. Tabu Equity Investments Inc. will identify and invest in or purchase already established cannabis-related companies and generate revenues from the profits and sale of shares held in a portfolio of cannabis-related companies.
- Companies licensed to produce and sell medical/ recreational marijuana and cannabis oil
- Companies involved in marijuana crop enhancement, as well as indoor marijuana agriculture sector, hemp-related natural health products
- Revenue generating Cannabis & CBD stores in North America, EU, and Mexico
- Companies conducting research and development for the cannabis-related products
- Companies involved in manufacturing of hemp supplement and distributors of medical marijuana
Essentially, they build and launch brands through acquisition and licensing agreements. Recently they have had a strong focus on equatorial regions such as Colombia to create genetics that can be later exported to Europe or North America. Some of Tabu’s current opportunities include:
- Acquiring 30 retail points across Alberta, B.C., and Saskatchewan
- Acquiring CBD and Cannabis Stores in the EU and the United States
- Marketing and Development of Blockchain Technology
- All in one nutritional powder; mass weight gain, protein powder (vanilla & chocolate)
- CBD Supplements and energy drinks made in Canada, exported to Asia and the EU in partnership with Health Well
- Acquired 100% of a Columbia licensed and vertically integrated cannabis company which supplies concentrates and extracts globally
Multichain’s core goal is to build scalable software and blockchain infrastructure that can serve the cannabis supply chain and the broader market. Multichain is the parent company of several entities that include the Tokes Platform, Cubed, and EDEN. These subsidiaries are focused on payment processing and supply chain visibility tools.
The Tokes Platform provides an ecosystem of cryptocurrency payment processing services primarily targeting the legal cannabis industry including cryptocurrency point-of-sale, e-commerce integrations, mobile wallets, and Smart ATM integrations for the in-store acquisition of tokens. As a tokenized set of technology solutions, the Tokes (TKS) token has integrations with all of Multichain’s services across brands.
Cubed serves as a white-label division for similar technology solutions but in a general merchant package ready for immediate customer deployment. It also has the option to rebrand and license the software for a particular customer segment or retail sector.
EPCIS Decentralized Network (EDEN) produces supply chain visibility tools using blockchain for data storage and verification of the provenance of goods. The Tokes Platform serves as a sales arm of EDEN deployable specifically for the legal cannabis vertical. However, EDEN is fundamentally an industry-agnostic toolset that can improve supply chain visibility for any number of industries.
Multichain Ventures’ diverse product array serves businesses of any size, across multiple sectors, leveraging blockchain to increase the accessibility of emerging payment trends and visibility of both payments and goods.