Kraken, the popular bitcoin and cryptocurrency exchange, today announced support for Lisk (LSK) trading starting on November 19th. Markets available will include: LSK/USD, LSK/EUR, LSK/XBT, and LSK/ETH.
Lisk (LSK) Details
- Lisk employs a Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS) consensus model – transactions are added by a revolving list of 101 delegates, who are elected by LSK token holders.
- Lisk utilizes a native utility token called LSK. The token is used to perform various functions on the platform, such as utilizing dapps or voting for delegates.
- Each new dapp is placed on a Lisk sidechain, which is connected to the main Lisk network. This structure provides throughput efficiencies and also allows developers to create native tokens for their applications.
- A new block is added to the network every 10 seconds and the default fee to send a transaction is 0.1 LSK ($.07).
- Lisk was founded in early 2016 by Max Kordek and Oliver Beddows; it is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
Kraken will enable deposits and withdrawals for LSK at approximately 14:30 UTC on November 19. The first trades will start shortly after funding is enabled as sell orders cannot be placed until deposits clear.