SETL, an institutional payment and settlement infrastructure based on blockchain technology, has today announced SETL Labs, an open initiative for innovators, product managers, and technology architects to engage a working version of the SETL distributed ledger framework.
SETL Labs offers access to the core SETL product suite which underpins the live market infrastructures that are powered by SETL today. This will ensure any prototyping carried out with SETL Labs can migrate into a scalable production environment when the client wishes to go live.
“This initiative draws upon our close customer engagements and our understanding of both financial markets and technology. As a consequence of platform evolution and technology stability, there is no better time to expose the SETL capabilities to a wider audience in an accessible manner.”
– Dr. Joshua Daniel, Head of Product Strategy at SETL
Upon registration, clients of SETL Labs will be able to participate in a sandbox network that carries an instance of a SETL blockchain with user-friendly interfaces along with detailed documentation.
For a quick start, step-by-step guides have been developed to allow easy access to the live blockchain including:
- How to issue and transfer ownership of assets
- Construct and carry out simultaneous Delivery-vs-Payment (DvP) routines
- Progress onto constructing multi-lateral DvP, Payment-vs-Payment (PvP), and Free-of-Payment (FoP) routines
- Develop and operate single and multi-asset clearing chains
- Import and export current workflow outputs by using SETL Connect which allows for both GUI and API instructions
“With SETL Labs, we hope to share our experience and learning in the financial blockchain space with the wider community. The SETL Labs initiative is another step in our commitment to help bring 21st-century solutions into financial services market. I am very excited and look forward to helping the innovators to bring their ideas to life with SETL Labs.”
– Peter Randall, President at SETL