Atlas City Global, a full-stack decentralized computing solution company, today announced that its Catalyst Network is now open to developers, allowing for the rapid building and deployment of decentralized apps.
Catalyst has been designed from scratch with industry in mind for use in sectors including energy, supply chain, logistics, food provenance, and plastics recycling and many others.
Meeting Business Needs
Catalyst offers a secure public as well as private decentralized computing and data storage and connects to IoT devices. It is designed as an open source, fast, light, secure and scalable network. Now, Catalyst is accessible to all developers via .NET core without the need to learn a new programming language.
“We are delighted to have reached this milestone. We went back to basics and invested a lot of time and resources to design a system that caters to the real-world needs of enterprise clients. Having overcome the barriers that have held others back, we have the opportunity to realize the true potential of a decentralized web, which includes supporting the circular economy, without compromising the functionality we currently enjoy or future development.”
– Chris Justice, President & COO, Atlas City Global
The Catalyst Network is powering CryptoCycle’s Reward4Waste pilot to tackle plastic pollution among other projects. The app-driven technology aims to drive circular economy effectiveness. The concept has raised interest and engaged with key opinion leaders and decision-makers across the globe, from drinks manufacturers and retailers, through to local and national governments.
Currently, Europe alone generates around 25.8 million tonnes of plastic waste every year and only 30% of this is recycled according to Plastics Europe, with the remaining 70% ending up as litter or polluting our rivers and oceans. CryptoCycle’s solution uses uniquely coded containers underpinned by the Catalyst Network to track provenance, eliminate fraud, save costs and change consumer behavior by rewarding them for recycling.
In addition, Catalyst has been designed using a collaborative consensus mechanism, which is more energy-efficient than all proof of work-based systems and allows businesses to operate at scale.