Ownera, an institutional-grade blockchain network for security tokens, has announced it will soon be releasing its Digital Securities API, which utilizes the Amazon Managed Blockchain service running HyperLedger Fabric. Ownera is a global base-layer Proof of Ownership protocol on which the market can compete to manage all regulated asset ownership and trade.
There will be a hackathon, between October 13-15 at the CIS conference (as part of the Los Angeles blockchain week that will challenge digital securities platform developers to fully adapt their applications to support Ownera within the 3 days of the event.
The API will also be made available early to participants in The Global Hackathon that begins on October 13 and ends on stage at CIS, where Ownera and AWS will give an award for the most innovative use of their API.
Ownera will also be demoing the API and lead a technical session for developers on October 15-16 at the Los Angeles Convention Center during CIS.
The Ownera Digital Securities API connects ownership apps to Ownera, while unlocking the core features necessary for launching compliant digital security platforms and apps:
- Connects to the Ownera institutional-grade test net, built with HyperLedger Fabric utilizing the Amazon Managed Blockchain Service.
- Runs on a version of HyperLedger Fabric, converted by Ownera from a private to a public network, which will initially be permissioned, and eventually become permissionless.
- Connect digital securities platforms and developers to a network of verified assets managed by nodes which are all regulated financial institutions.
- Enables the simple development of institutional-grade digital securities issuance, trading, and management platforms.
- Includes profile management, including KYC, investor accreditation, etc.
- Includes asset management, including Know your Asset (KYA), an innovation Ownera pioneered to include verified asset information and investor rights in an immutable and legally-binding way in the blockchain as an integral part of every digital security – so investors know exactly what they are getting.
- Has built-in Atomic Swap transaction capabilities to enable the instant sale of digital securities for any currency credit, fiat or digital, minimizing counterparty risk.
- Connects to the innovative Ownera Regulation App Store, turning regulation compliance into AI-powered blockchain apps that asset-issuers can simply choose from a list.