Today, Anycoin Direct, a European cryptocurrency exchanger founded in 2013, announced that it has listed the token of third-generation blockchain project Cardano (ADA).
Starting today, ADA can be bought and traded on Anycoin Direct. Users can also sell ADA and have the payout transferred to your bank account.
Cardano is a project with an interesting history. It was founded and launched by the co-founder of Ethereum and Bitshares, Charles Hoskinson in September of 2017 after two years of development.
Together with Charles, the developers of Cardano felt that existing blockchains were too limited by design for scaling and creating smart contracts so that’s why they invented the Cardano project. The team is inspired by the peer-reviewed science world. Cardano is called a 3rd generation blockchain and it uses a Proof of Stake model called Ouroboros.
Details on Cardano:
- The most well-known co-founder of Cardano is Charles Hoskinson who also co-developed Ethereum and Bitshares.
- The currency on Cardano is called ADA, named after Ada Lovelace, a 19th-century mathematician.
- Cardano uses a multi-layer structure in where ADA operates on the ‘Settlement layer’.
- Every development of Cardano is peer-reviewed by a team of academics to ensure its success.
- The Cardano Foundation is the driving force behind the blockchain which supports the development of the network.
- A second research company called IOHK, which is connected to several Chinese universities, also supports the research and development on Cardano.
- Browse our guides to see which wallet we recommend for storing your ADA.
- For more details about Cardano read the academic papers.