Zebi, a full-stack core-blockchain company, today announced the official launch of the Zebi Public Blockchain (ZPB). Zebi’s independent blockchain platform allows users to secure and tamper-proof their digital assets. The ZPB provides the network structure that will allow anyone to manage and authenticate their data.
ZPB is built on the COSMOS SDK which in-turn is built on Tendermint core blockchain software. ZPB comprises of in-house built additional modules in the COSMOS SDK that provide several services in the form of Zebi nodes as REST APIs. These services are in turn consumed by a client-specific application called ZApps (from the traditional dApps) that can be easily built by any data provider.
This platform is conceptualized to bring Data Providers, Data Custodians, and Data Requestors together across domains and verticals in a safe and secure manner. It is a 3rd generation public blockchain platform after Bitcoin and Ethereum.
In a nutshell, the aim of the ZPB platform is to create an eco-system for data providers, data custodians, and data requestors where:
- Data providers can share their data securely using ZPB.
- Data custodians can feel assured that their data will never be compromised.
- Data requestors can trust the information repository stored on ZPB.
Additionally, ZPB uses Zero-Knowledge-Proof mechanisms to verify the data, maintain the secrecy of the information and respect the privacy of the data owner.
ZPB is also designed to facilitate intercommunication between multiple blockchains through IBC — Inter Blockchain Communication Protocol that is in-built within Cosmos SDK. ZPB uses the PoS (Proof of Stake) Consensus protocol to allow individuals to become a validator which requires staking in ZEBI tokens. Its in-built governance mechanism ensures true decentralization of blockchains and the associated nodes.
The core business features that ZPB addresses:
- ZPB provides an ecosystem with robust blockchain as the core infrastructure to each business owner, including enterprises and individuals. It reduces the potential trust cost between additional parties. This makes business operations more efficient and less expensive.
- The enterprises and individuals can easily develop their business applications using Zapp and blockchain their business data using ZPB.