CEX.IO, a popular bitcoin and cryptocurrency exchange, which recently expanded its presence in the US, confirmed today the upcoming listing of two new coins, TRON (TRX) and BitTorrent (BTT) – the partnering projects with a common vision of decentralizing the web.
After the listing, the following markets will be available:
- TRX/USD, TRX/EUR, TRX/BTC
- BTT/USD, BTT/EUR, BTT/BTC
TRON Project: Protocol, Technology, Key Highlights
TRON is a well-known project in the blockchain industry, with its open-source protocol launched back in 2017. It was envisioned as a blockchain-based entertainment delivery platform that has grown to become a blockchain with high throughput, hosting a growing number of scalable decentralized applications.
The TRON project has the following key highlights:
- TRON maintains a considerable speed of up to 2,000 transactions per second, placing it well into the league of the highest throughput blockchains out there.
- TRON scalability allows supporting a large number of users. It also lets developers transfer their existing projects (apps, websites, OS, etc.) to the network and benefit from its large user base.
- The network is designed to operate at low computational costs, which lowers the entry barrier for apps to join TRON and grow their user base.
- TRON uses an improved consensus mechanism based on Delegated Proof of Stake (DPoS). It allows the holders of TRX, a native coin on TRON, to stake their TRX and accumulate TRON Power used to vote for block producers (called Super Representatives) from the pull of candidates every six hours.
TRON (TRX) Coin
TRX (TRON) is the native cryptocurrency in the TRON network. Initially issued as an ERC20 token, it migrated to the TRON mainnet back in June 2018. Currently, TRON is one of the largest networks by market cap.
TRX is used as the main token on the TRON blockchain connecting the entire ecosystem, as a medium currency for all TRON-based tokens, and as a means to vote for the Super Representatives.
BitTorrent and BTT Coin
BitTorrent is one of the most popular P2P file-sharing platforms with over 100 million active users from 138 countries. BitTorrent has connected its protocol to the TRON blockchain and introduced BTT, a TRC-10 utility token for the content creators in the network.
BTT is widely used by the BitTorrent large user base and has grown a significant market cap, although the crypto asset was introduced only in early 2019. BTT acts as a general-purpose mechanism for transacting in computing resources shared between BitTorrent clients and a liquid market of service requesters and service providers. In other words, BTT is as a built-in incentive system for BitTorrent participants, enabling faster files exchange and rewarding content creation.