After eighteen months of development, ShapeShift, one of the first non-custodial crypto-asset exchanges has launched its new rebuilt platform.
The ShapeShift Platform, builds upon the original product, which was a simple 1:1 tool for crypto asset trades. The service is now a comprehensive interface for holding, buying, selling, trading, watching, and interacting with digital assets.
- Easily accessible through a web browser.
- View an entire crypto portfolio, updated live through the real-time CoinCap API ShapeShift engineered since 2015.
- Keys are held on the user’s hardware including Trezor and KeepKey to start, and soon with support for Ledger. Non-hardware key store methods will also be integrated into the platform in the future.
- Hardware only needs to be connected when sending or trading.
- Users can buy and sell crypto by linking a bank account with just a few clicks.
- All core wallet functionality is present: send, receive, view transaction history, etc. Over 50 digital assets are supported natively, with more to be continually added.
- Users can trade any coin directly for any other coin without worrying about liquidity or counterparty risk.