IOTA Foundation, a non-profit foundation focused on distributed ledger technology (DLT) and open-source ecosystem development, today announced the release of Trinity, a secure software wallet for IOTA tokens, developed by the IOTA Foundation.
With over $1.8 billion of IOTA transacted and over 160,000 downloads across platforms, the Trinity wallet has already been used widely in beta.
Trinity delivers a host of new features that greatly simplify IOTA token storage, with security measures and considerable customizability. The application has been thoroughly reviewed in an extensive auditing process by leading cybersecurity firms SixGen and Accessec. The most recent audit report can be downloaded here.
“We are happy to bring our commitment to rigorous security testing and superior wallet security to the IOTA Foundation’s Trinity wallet. It is clear the Trinity team takes security very seriously and has applied best practices throughout the wallet’s development. SixGen’s in-depth review and testing ensures users can store and send tokens with confidence and peace of mind.”
– Ethan Dietrich, CEO, SixGen
Trinity Wallet Features:
- Ease of use: Trinity is designed for new and advanced users alike, with intuitive design and easy-to-use features.
- Hardware wallet compatibility: Trinity is compatible with the Ledger Nano S, X and Blue hardware wallets. When used in conjunction, Trinity and Ledger provide unparalleled security for storing and accessing your IOTA tokens.
- Community-sourced design: Trinity delivers bespoke features and innovative design thanks to input and contributions from IOTA’s expert user community.
- Secure SeedVault digital backup: Trinity uses the recognized security standards of Keepassfor encrypted seed backup and features strong multi-level encryption.
- Global language support: Trinity has been translated into 25 languages for international accessibility, including English, French, German, Chinese, Hindi, Italian, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish and others.
- QR scanning and deep linking: Trinity offers secure and convenient features for prefilling transaction information, streamlining peer-to-peer address exchange and IOTA-based E-commerce.
- Biometric authentication: An additional security and convenience layer, Biometric authentication provides peace of mind and control when authorizing transfers and unlocking the mobile wallet.
- Price graphing and fiat conversion rates: Trinity gives users the ability to track price and market changes and easily transact IOTA in fiat equivalents.
- Theme customization: Trinity users can make the wallet their own with a selection of themes.
- Node quorum: Trinity queries multiple sources to verify the integrity of network-related information, delivering first-class networking security.
- Automatic node management: Trinity offers automated node management to ensure an uninterrupted connection to the Tangle, IOTA’s alternative solution to blockchain.
“Our industry-leading wallet, Trinity, delivers on IOTA’s goal to provide secure, accessible and community-driven token storage for the international cryptocurrency marketplace. We have partnered with our IOTA community to ensure we are addressing the cryptocurrency market’s needs with the utmost levels of excellence.”
– Dominik Schiener, co-founder, IOTA Foundation