Wirex, a bitcoin and cryptocurrency wallet and payment app, has unveiled this week its new updated platform, officially version 3.0. The upgrade includes a new design, and will bring a host of improved features to users.
The Wirex team said, “We’ve spent the last year working closely with our community, collecting customer feedback and identifying all the ways we can improve your Wirex experience.”
New Features For Wirex Users in the EEA:
- Unconditional access to Over-the-Counter (OTC) rates for crypto exchanges
- Traditional currency exchange at the interbank rate
- 10 new fiat currencies, including HKD, SGD, and AUD
- New ways to transfer in and out of your account using Faster Payments, SEPA, and SWIFT
- Customizable accounts – choose the currencies you want and hide the rest
- A swish, new-design Wirex Visa card
- A new transparent fees structure
It’s not just Wirex users in Europe who will benefit from 3.0. The Wirex team is now able to bring these exclusive features to users in the APAC region and Canada. Users in these territories can enjoy Wirex accounts in their local currency for the first time, as well as the same access to OTC and interbank rates for crypto and FX exchanges respectively.
See below a breakdown of traditional currencies per region:
EEA: AUD, CAD, CHF, CZK, HKD, JPY, SGD, EUR, USD, GBP
APAC: AUD, CAD, CHF, CZK, HKD, JPY, SGD, EUR, GBP
Rest of the World: AUD, CAD, CHF, CZK, HKD, JPY, SGD, EUR, GBP
These currencies are available as soon as users update their app to 3.0. Also new, users can customize their Wirex app with the accounts they want, and hide the rest.