Ethorse, a decentralized application for parimutuel gaming on the price of cryptocurrencies announced today an initiative to designed to formalize collaboration between the Ethhorse community and the core Ethhorse team.
The primary goal of the Ethorse Ecosystem is to build a group of DApps, products/services, and other solutions that add value to the Ethorse DApp as well as for HORSE token holders.
To move this forward, there is now a pre-application open for individuals and teams interested in becoming part of the new Ethorse Ecosystem.
The Ecosystem has four primary elements:
- Ambassadors: These are community members who agree to help enhance Ethorse’s upcoming marketing efforts by engaging in high-quality discussions with/delivering content to crypto enthusiasts/traders/bettors and others in other communities in exchange for HORSE bounty tokens.
- DApps: These will be a group of officially recognized third-party DApps that integrate with the Ethorse contract, improve token economics and deliver other benefits to players and investors.
- Services: Reviewed and endorsed services that improve player confidence and Ethorse DApp volume.
- Integrations: These are Ethorse-led efforts to integrate with other crypto platforms that help deliver visibility and benefits to HORSE token holders (an example of this is the P3D-Ethorse integration).
More information about the ecosystem is outlined in the infographic below:
DApp Updates: Addressing the CoinMarketCap Public API Latency Issue
Last week, the CoinMarketCap public API experienced latency issues which gave the Dapp outdated prices. Ethorse refunded affected users and paused races. After a 60-plus hour code review, the team developed, tested and deployed an update to the betting contract that accounts for any potential future CoinMarketCap lag issues and enables the contract to give a refund if the timestamps provided by the API are outdated. After some downtime, races have resumed. Ethorse also added a field in the Oracle page (“Fetched Time”) to show the time the Ethorse Oracle pulls the price from the CMC API. This allows users to easily verify if such lags occur in the future.
Testing New 30-Minute Race During Upcoming Community Racing Period
Community members have been requesting the introduction of shorter races. During the upcoming Community Racing period, scheduled to begin on Tuesday, August 28th (16:30 GMT), Ethorse will be testing a new race format: 30-minute races. These races will have: a 30-minute betting window and 30-minute race. Users are asked to help test this new race format by participating in the upcoming Community Racing period at the previously mentioned date and time.
Other Ongoing Work: Status Update
Below are the other areas the Ethorse team is currently focused on:
- Revamping Frontend: Involves implementing Redux and Drizzle, upgrading the state architecture and better mobile browser layout. This will tremendously improve the responsiveness of the dApp for now and all the features being planned for the future.
- Developing the Chinese language user interface: Work begins after main UI updates (mentioned above) are complete.
- Referral links: Referral program will be introduced to increase the adoption.
- DApp marketing and, including outreach to Western and Asian audiences: Will begin after UI improvements and additional (soon to be announced) updates to the main Ethorse DApp are completed.