Crypto Key Stack was co-founded by Chris Gonyo and NFL veteran Israel Idonije in an effort to reduce the billions of dollars lost due to improper private key storage.
The number of crypto-assets being stored and tracked on the blockchain is growing at an exponential rate, and they are all being secured by private keys.
Realizing that software-based hardware wallets are excellent for cybersecurity, but become vulnerable in the event of a physical disaster, Chris and Israel designed Crypto Key Stack to help preserve access to your assets in the event of a hardware failure and physical disaster.
It was created out of a need for an affordable, high-quality stainless steel backup device that allowed users to store multiple cryptographic keys permanently.
- Having a backup of cryptocurrency private keys and mnemonic seed passwords is vital when investing in cryptocurrency.
- Not having a backup of your keys and/or seed passphrases, will make the recovery of cryptocurrency holdings impossible if you lose access to your wallet.
- The new ‘Crypto Key Stack’ provides rugged cold storage for up to 10 individual mnemonic seed passphrases or cryptocurrency private keys.
Are you using the best Bitcoin wallet on the market?
Most cryptocurrency investors know that the best Bitcoin wallets to use are hardware wallets. Did you know though, that you can still lose access to your holdings, even when using a cold storage wallet like a Trezor or Nano Ledger?
Why You Need a Cold Storage Crypto Key Stack
The new to market Crypto Key Stack is an innovative new cold storage device. More specifically, one which provides a ruggedized way for web wallet and hardware wallet users to recover their cryptocurrency private keys and recovery passphrases after a disaster.
Why Having a Bitcoin Backup is Vital
Cold storage of cryptocurrency is when users store the private key for their Bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies) in offline devices; namely, paper wallets, and hardware wallets.
There is just one problem…
As many cryptocurrency investors are (regretfully) already aware, hardware wallets and paper wallets can be damaged, with relative ease. This is why leading hardware wallet devices prompt users to create mnemonic seed passphrases, which they can use to recover funds at a later date.
What is a Mnemonic Seed Passphrase?
A mnemonic seed passphrase is a 12 to 24-word passphrase which allows cryptocurrency wallet users to recover wallets in the event of theft, damage or any other kind of problem. Sadly, this means that even the best bitcoin wallet (hardware or web-based) can’t fully protect user assets.
- Bitcoin backup keys and wallet passphrases need to be written down and stored separately to wallets themselves.
- Private Keys and Mnemonic Seeds provide access to users’ assets, making them the most valuable component.
- House fires, thefts, and flooding have already seen cryptocurrency users lose millions of dollars in funds, by virtue of lost and/or damaged mnemonic seed backups.
Thankfully, the new Crypto Key Stack is designed to provide investors with low-tech, yet cutting edge, extra security.
What is the New Crypto Key Stack?
At its most basic, the new Crypto Key Stack is a credit card-sized stack of up to 10 individual stainless steel plates.
Supplied blank to cryptocurrency users, each plate can be permanently engraved using the Crypto Key Stack engraving tool. — Specifically, with a full 24-word recovery seed passphrase or Bitcoin backup private key per plate. Once engraved, users then benefit from a fully fireproof, waterproof, and rustproof, copy of their mnemonic seed passphrase and/or cryptocurrency private keys.
- Crypto Key Stack is 100% fireproof to up to 2200°F. (Twice the temperature of the average house fire).
- Stacks will never be damaged by water or rust like paper and USB devices can be.
- The supplied electric powered engraving tool allows users to privately engrave each stainless steel plate themselves. (Users never have to trust their data to a third party).
Is the Crypto Key Stack the Perfect Bitcoin Backup Solution?
For cryptocurrency users who use paper wallets, devices like the Crypto Key Stack should be considered essential.
After engraving plates with their private keys, users can conceal their Crypto Key Stack anywhere around the home (even if this involves burying plate sets or hiding them in the walls of your home). If paper wallets themselves are ever lost, users can subsequently rest assured that their funds are still 100% secure and recoverable.
How to Store Your Mnemonic Seed or Bitcoin Backup 100% Safely
Contrary to what you might believe, if you store wallet recovery passphrases and/or cryptocurrency private keys on a paper or digital device, your funds are not 100% secure.
Thankfully, a Crypto Key Stack can keep your Bitcoin backup or crypto wallet seed passphrase as safe as houses, even if your house actually burns down one day. — The set literally allows you to keep vital data written in steel. The only question is, how much do you value your crypto security?
To browse the different options, visit the Crypto Key Stack website.