Status.im, one of the first mobile Ethereum clients built entirely on peer-to-peer technologies, today is introducing Status Incubate, a new service to provide early-stage blockchain-based startups with funding, talent, and expertise. Status Incubate is the first in a series of initiatives for Status Projects dedicated to laying the foundation and advancing the mass adoption of the Web3 ecosystem.
The team has made steady progress on the Status platform towards a beta on mainnet. A security audit is still ongoing, but with the coming move to mainnet, it significantly increases the opportunity for Status to engage with a broader audience. The path from idea to implementation isn’t easy, as the Status team understands first-hand. Those working in a new ecosystem like Web3, have the additional challenge of developing a business in an early-stage market.
Status Incubate will look to foster an extensive ecosystem for the decentralized Web from a wide range of areas, selecting a handful of startups each quarter including Ethereum-based projects, DApps, IoT, base-layer protocols, scaling solutions, and more. By pushing all blockchain technologies further, everyone will benefit from a decentralized global infrastructure.
The initiative will provide a range of services, including:
- Funding: Gain seed and Series A funding
- Legal and regulatory support: Consult with world-class crypto-experts
- Technical mentorship: Work with Status’ full-stack team of blockchain engineers
- Marketing and PR: Get the story to the right people, the right way
- Organization guidance: Learn from Status efforts to create a truly decentralized organization
- Research facilities: Access the first Status Incubate location, which will be announced soon
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, with no deadline. Each application will be reviewed by the Status Incubate team to select the strongest projects for follow up interviews.
“Status Incubate is focused on accelerating the development of the Web3 ecosystem. The initiative has been designed to provide the necessary guidance and support to help make the most compelling projects successful.”