The team behind the ARK blockchain ecosystem has announced the release of its expected ARK Mobile Wallet. Now, ARK users can vote for a delegate, send ARK, or just check their balance on the go. No sync is needed, just open the app and it is automatic.
ARK’s mobile wallet is a hybrid application (using the same codebase for Android and iOS which helps with coordinated development). Created using the Ionic framework and ARK’s TypeScript API to interact with the ARK network via a mobile phone.
The ARK wallet is still in a Beta version so users might encounter some quirks and bugs while checking it out.
ARK Android Mobile Wallet is available from the Play Store.
While the ARK iOS Mobile Wallet can be installed with the following instructions:
1. Install ‘Ionic View — Test Ionic Apps’ https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ionic-view-test-ionic-apps/id1271789931?mt=8
2. Open and click the eye at the bottom
3. Enter the ID 0894ffa2 and “View App”
For now, the QR scanner is not compatible with ‘Ionic View — Test Ionic Apps’ so it won’t work on iOS. ARK said it is still waiting on approval from Apple for final approval for this feature for iOS.
– Import an existing passphrase (import by QR feature or write/paste your passphrase).
– Generate a new passphrase.
– Encrypt access to a profile with a custom 6 digit PIN (AES256+PBKDF2).
– Most transaction types are available: send, receive, vote, unvote, register a delegate.
– Connects to both mainnet and devnet.
– Option for additional profiles (separate profiles for different ARK addresses or networks).
– Option to add contacts and easily transact with them.
– Shows the total balance of combined ARK addresses.
– Wallet backup — input your selected PIN to decrypt your wallet and gain a view of private data.
– Change PIN — if wanting to change encryption/decryption PIN, users can easily do so.
– Clear Data — users can clear all data from their phone (note: this will also delete all of the wallets so if you haven’t yet you should make a backup!).
– Overview of network status with an option to change peer.
– Current market value, along with weekly movements.
– Support for showing data in different FIAT currencies.
In the upcoming months, the ARK team will be “polishing up the ARK mobile wallet” with input from ARKs community developers and users. They also aim to integrate:
– Ledger Nano S support via On-the-Go (OTG) cable/adapter.
– Dark theme.
– Adding an option to add custom network types (eg. user’s own ARK-based chain or for instance Kapu, Blockpool, …) just from 1 IP address — use ARK wallet for any current or future ARK based blockchain project!
– Ability to allow a fingerprint to act as a PIN to unlock your wallet (optional of course).
– Notifications of receiving transactions.
– Adding more localizations (you’ll be able to help in this regards to getting ARK mobile wallet translated into your local language).
– Saving your generated passphrase to PDF.
ARK also newly announced a strategic alliance with decentralized trading application Blockport.
Blockport is a decentralized trading platform, which will be designed for both beginner and advanced traders. No prior knowledge of trading or experience with cryptocurrencies will be required when using the Blockport platform. Blockport wants to make it easy for consumers to access the same great tools as trading professionals but with much less complexity, the team says, “this goes hand in hand with ARK’s vision of simple mass adoption.”
Blockport’s goal is to develop a sturdy, error-free decentralized exchange, which we feel is needed in the blockchain space. With all of the bureaucratic uncertainty that traditional exchanges encounter, Blockport aims to offer FIAT pairs for anyone who prefers trading directly with conventional currencies like EUROS but without the need to trust in a human 3rd party to control the funds.
For now, we know that Lars Rensing, CFO of ARK, will be joining Blockport as an advisor to arrange the collaboration. In the coming weeks, Lars will help determine exactly how ARK and Blockport can leverage each other’s knowledge and networks to create a win-win scenario for both communities.
More details about the scope of the Blockport partnership with ARK will be announced come early 2018. For now, Blockport is focused on its token sale.