THEKEY, a global leader in ID verification hosted IBM Watson Health leaders in its Beijing office this week reported the firm. Dr. Kyu Rhee, the Vice President and Chief Health Officer of IBM Watson Health and other high ranking officials of IBM Watson Health visited THEKEY Beijing office in his last leg through China.
THEKEY has been working with IBM o the global, regional and local level since 2009 on identity verification (IDV) related areas. IBM has worked closely with THEKEY in setting the company’s data processing and data warehouse solutions of the existing IDV product of THEKEY.
Currently, THEKEY is combining blockchain technology with their DMI (Dynamic Multi-Dimension Identification) solution and developing a second-generation IDV solution for the internet via BDMI “Blockchain based Dynamic Multi-Dimension Identification” technology.
Catherine Li, founder, and CEO of THEKEY said:
“ID verification is extremely important for patient safety. After many years of working with IBM, we believe the time is right for a deeper cooperation and partnership with IBM Watson Health. As we expand globally we look forward to a deeper collaboration with IBM.”
Mr. Jianshe Lv, Vice President of China Social Insurance Society; Dr. Jian Fan, the Chief Scientist of China Unicom, and Zhishan Wang, CEO of Xicheng Unisplendour, as senior management of China Unicom and UNIS, long-term working partners of THEKEY also participated the meeting.
DMI has already passed its development stage and is currently applied to THEKEY’s existing first-generation IDV solutions, which includes:
- 23 copyrights have been obtained, 15 patents have been accepted by SIPO (State Intellectual Property Office of the P.R.C) and start attestation process.
- THEKEY’s first-generation IDV solution is currently in use for mobile social insurance payments in two pilot cities, which people can receive their payment for their pension or healthcare insurance reimbursement. The IDV solution is currently being deployed in another 41 cities, covering more than 130 million people.
- Personal identity data of 210 million people in 66 cities in China, authenticated by the relevant government authorities, are connected on a real-time basis. This constitutes a solid foundation of IDV.
- Commercial contracts signed with world-leading firms and the business model of our IDV products in this White Paper have been partly proven.
- Six relevant national laboratories have been set up together with government agencies, banks, insurance companies and one university.
In China and globally, IDV is extremely important for healthcare service to ensure patient’s safety. During the life of healthcare service, the ID of both the patients and service providers must be validated and documented each and every time when the service is given. THEKEY plans to continue its collaboration with IBM Watson Health and globally roll out its solution.