The San Diego-based cryptocurrency exchange Altcoin.io has announced the release of the world’s first atomic swap wallet that will help popularize the function of atomic swaps. Altcoin.io CEO Andrew Gazdecki says, “this technology has the potential to disrupt every centralized exchange as we know it and we’re eager to share our first release with the world. Our mission at Altcoin.io is to empower everyone, regardless of market knowledge, to trade altcoins securely and with confidence.”
Altcoin.io stands out when compared to other cryptocurrency projects. They are less concerned with writing a white paper or conducting an ICO as they are with delivering on its promise to build a truly decentralized exchange.
The Altcoin.io team said that there is still a lot of work to be done, but they want users to experience the power of Atomic Swaps as soon as possible.
Some wallet FAQs:
- The beta Atomic Swap wallet is only to be used with testnet
- Only Ethereum and Bitcoin can be swapped for now
- Step-by-step instructions on how to use the wallet are available
- Users will always be fully in control of their tokens
- Bug bounty available (please contact us at [email protected])
- Altcoin.io is not conducting an ICO for this project
Improvements coming before the end of the year:
- A decentralized order matching engine
- An option to list many different tokens
- User experience improvements iterations
- Ability to trade directly from within your existing wallet
- Mainnet version launch after security audit is completed
Users can access the Atomic Swap wallet at swap.altcoin.io.