Wirex, a cloud-based hybrid personal banking platform that offers bitcoin debit cards, remittances, and mobile banking announced its new mobile app versions for iOS and Android were released today. The company also informed that the migration is now complete of bitcoin debit cards to Visa from Mastercard and its policy regarding its planned 48-hour bitcoin transaction downtime starting on July 31st due to the SegWit upgrade of the Bitcoin network.
Android Update 2.3
- Unlock the app with a fingerprint
- New designs for the welcome journey and dashboard
- Scan QR codes to initiate money transfers
- Card order status improvements
- Addressed some minor bugs to keep the app experience as smooth as possible
iOS Update 2.1.7
- Updated designs throughout the app (for card activation, online payments, and more)
- Price now displayed for the card a user is looking to order
As of Saturday, July 15th, Wirex’s old Mastercard cards were discontinued. The company moved all of its accounts to Visa because of its new card-to-card transfer features which will make it easier plus lower the cost to send money to friends and family members.
If a user has an old Mastercard linked to any services (such as Netflix or PayPal) they will need to update accordingly with the new Visa details.
Wirex said they completed the transfer of remaining funds to users Wirex Visa card on Saturday 15th July and created a Visa card automatically if they didn’t already have one. This is ready to be used immediately.
Wirex Affiliate Program Overhauled
Wirex has revealed a new ‘Associates community’ for affiliate marketing. The program will get a new tracking center, new banners, new content, a new payout system, and more. The company is also introducing a new Slack community for Wirex affiliates worldwide.
The program will feature the following tiers:
- Level 1: Basic affiliate training to help a user get set up for success with the Wirex affiliate program.
- Level 2: For affiliates who demonstrate they are running successful campaigns and want extra content, guest articles or special interviews, custom banner designs, along with more advanced affiliate training. Level 2 affiliates will also receive early notice of new Wirex marketing campaigns to help you plan advanced promotions.
- Level 3: Associate Partner status for Wirex top-tier affiliates receive access to campaign contest prizes, custom landing pages, and more.
48-Hour Downtime From July 31st for SegWit Upgrade
The Wirex team said:
“The global blockchain infrastructure is about to receive its biggest software upgrade since the beginning of time… well, since 2009. It’s all very complicated and explained in great details on our feature article ‘SegWit2x, BIP148, and Wirex’s Contingency Plan’.”
- The important point is that Wirex will stop processing bitcoin exchange transactions for 48 hours including all of July 31st and August 1st. Processing will resume from 2nd August.
- This is to ensure that customer funds are not exposed to software upgrade glitches that will be taking place globally throughout the Bitcoin blockchain community.
- As such, users should be sure that their Wirex payment cards are sufficiently funded for use during those couple of days where the mobile app and desktop account will not be available.