Global digital currency company BitX announced today a rebranding to Luno. The company provides a wallet, exchange, plus market data, trading, and payments API. Luno has offices in London, Singapore, and Capetown with a staff of over 40 people.
The following statement was issued:
We changed our name to Luno to better reflect who we are and where we’re heading. Luno means ‘moon’ and represents the shared sense of excitement we and our customers have about this new industry. At the same time, it also reflects our responsibility in helping people safely escape the gravity of the existing financial system. Finally, the moon also emphasises Bitcoin’s greater potential of open and equal financial access: no matter who you are or where you’re from, every night we all still see the same moon. It is one of the world’s only constants, and in many ways it is the world’s one true leveler.
- New desktop and mobile apps for Android and iOS
- The ability to buy bitcoin from almost anywhere in the world via credit card
- Enterprise B2B platform is now live, and being tested with regulators in the UK
- New learning portal to help people learn about Bitcoin
- Opened offices in London and will be building a larger presence in Europe