The gaming industry is already a huge opportunity for people to invest in for the past few decades. But as technology touches new peaks, there have been several advancements in this sector that are most attractive to new-gen investors.
Gaming has gone through a huge transformation where videogames with in-game items are now are at the top of the chain. In the past years, we have come across a new kind of cryptocurrency called “gaming coins or tokens.”
Crypto coins are massively popular at the moment. These crypto gaming coins are used by players of a game to purchase the aforementioned in-game items. Nowadays these crypto gaming coins have become one of the hottest investment opportunities due to their demand, uniqueness, usage, and variety.
As video games and cryptocurrencies are getting merged via crypto gaming coins, investors are flocking towards this new type of crypto made for blockchain gaming. Blockchain gaming companies raised over $400 million in the year 2021 alone, but is it a good enough reason to be investing in crypto gaming coins?
That is what we shall try to figure out in the following section based on market research and recent performance of the top crypto gaming coins:
- Belonging to a considerably new industry, crypto gaming coins have a lot of latent potentials that would help carry them forward in the days to come. This is a positive indicator for new investors who have second thoughts about putting their hard-earned money into a newly-originated market opportunity too soon. The growth potential within crypto gaming coins can also be seen by the rate they have been reaching the peak of their values.
- Crypto gaming coins are directly connected with another prosperous crypto-based market controlled by Non-fungible tokens (NFTs). Most blockchain-based games like the most popular Axie Infinity utilize crypto gaming coin’s concept to allow players to benefit from their play-to-earn model. This way by investing in crypto gaming coins, investors also get to partake in the NFT world which is rewarding on its own. Through blockchain games like Axie Infinity, thousands of players have also won a lot of real money.
- Despite being a risky investment option, crypto gaming coins do not pose risks similar to other cryptocurrencies available in the market like price manipulation, hack attempts, and exit scams. That is why experts believe that it is worth investing in right now when the market for blockchain games and NFTs is booming. But that does not mean investors do not require thoroughly researching the background of any project that they feel like investing in.
- Unlike normal cryptocurrencies that are struggling to display their use-cases, crypto gaming coins offer many-fold use cases such as acting as an in-game currency to buy items, skins, costumes, characters, rewards, and several other things. Most popular games include a full-fledged marketplace where players can shop for their favorite items and pay via the in-game currency with ease. Crypto gaming coins are often used to allow players to participate in various tournaments and events.
- Getting crypto gaming coins is fairly easy as compared to other cryptocurrencies present in the market which can only be bought or mined. Although you can acquire some gaming tokens via popular crypto exchange platforms, there are other alternatives like exchanging one kind of crypto with another type of crypto such as ETH for AXS or BTC for MANA. A simple purchase method is also supported to acquire these in-game currencies.
- It takes a lot of commitment to grow one’s assets when one has been investing their time and money in gaming crypto coins. Games are designed in such a way that allows players to get more coins by spending a lot of time gaming and unlocking new levels and items. So you could say that instead of money, people need to invest their time to increase the number of crypto gaming coins in their possession.
- Ultimately, the success of your investment depends on what kind of person you are and what matters the most to you. If you are into video games and blockchain gaming seems like an exciting sector to you then probably it is a good idea to spend some time researching the best crypto gaming coins before eventually investing in it.