A new decentralized cloud computing network is formulating – Ethernity CLOUD – is a project aiming to build a decentralized infrastructure to accommodate regular software with high availability support. Software and data inside Ethernity CLOUD nodes run exactly according to smart contract implementation. These nodes are location-agnostic, self-replicating, and continually spawning in random locations.
Use-Cases for Ethernity CLOUD
- Intellectual property protection during research
- Cloud password & data management
- Share tool
- Medical data processing
- Crypto custodian services
- Private video decoding/transcoding
Ethernity CLOUD is designed to meet the following goals:
1. Privacy & Anonymity – Service buyer’s data is encrypted at all times using strong open encryption algorithms. All network communication should happen over anonymous networks to preserve buyer’s anonymity. The aim is for the sellers is to be able to monitor their resource usage but be unable to interfere or tamper with the service running on their computers. Any attempt is prohibited by the network service monitoring system.
2. Decentralized Domain Name System – Service buyers benefit from the decentralized DNS blockchains or public services. Ethernity CLOUD supports the developers to implement these technologies in their decentralized applications.
3. Continuous Availability – Buyer’s services are available at all times due to the design that allows multiple instances of the same node to run and sync continuously. Anytime one of the instances fails for any given reason, all other instances will still be up and ready to resume the service. They will be spread geographically according to the buyer’s preference.
4. Performance – Buyers are able to rate their service sellers. This ensures the service sellers are providing their advertised service at full capacity; creating a more competitive market, and a better service overall provided to the buyers.
The documentation features details on nodes, clients, APIs, smart contracts, wallets, testnet, and more.
Proof of eXecution
Ethernity employs Proof of eXecution (PoX) – a decentralized method of running computational tasks. While the tasks run, metadata is stored on the blockchain and actual data is being transferred using IPFS. PoX ensures computational tasks are certified on the blockchain and improves research reproducibility.
The PoX concept is being developed by Ethernity along with 3 leading European research organizations.
Presently, Ethernity CLOUD’s testnet is using the blockchain layer bloxberg.
bloxberg is a PoA Ethereum compatible blockchain infrastructure established by a consortium of leading research organizations to provide scientists with decentralized services worldwide.
The Ethernity (ETNY) Token:
- Symbol: ETNY
- Platform: Bloxberg/ERC-20
- Minimum Listing Price: 0.0045
- Maximum Supply: 1000000000 ETNY
- Unsold Token Adjustment: Burning
- Team Token Lock: 2 Years
To incentivize the network operators, the Ethernity CLOUD smart contract rewards providers via staking. Further, token burning is reserved only for the contract owners and the smart contract itself, this is to prevent the transfer of tokens to other platforms.
Note, Ethernity recently closed its presale and is now preparing a public sale scheduled for Q3 2021.