EOSIO, a next-generation, open-source blockchain protocol, today announced the launch of the EOSIO testnet, simplifying how users develop, debug, and deploy EOSIO smart contracts for applications.
The EOSIO testnet is a public-facing testing network that follows the latest stable releases of EOSIO. Developers can test their applications knowing that smart contracts deployed on the EOSIO testnet will behave similarly to production environments running the latest stable release of EOSIO, currently EOSIO 2.
Features designed to help developers engineer their EOSIO projects:
- Multi-Node Testnet – Live multi-node Testnet following the latest EOSIO stable releases for the most accurate testing environment.
- EOSIO Testnet Monitor – Track, pause, and resume block propagation, transaction, and data flow display in real-time when testing your smart contracts.
- Real-World Testing – Operated on a distributed set of block-producing nodes to simulate real-world network conditions.
- Snapshots – Snapshots are included so users can easily sync their testnet nodes without needing to replay the blockchain.
- Built by Block.one – Test with confidence using the only official public EOSIO Testnet engineered by Block.one.
Users can now create a primary account to deploy a smart contract to the testnet, push actions to a deployed smart contract, and create more accounts to test permissions and multi-user scenarios.