Phunware, a fully-integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides products, solutions, data, and services for brands worldwide, today announced that it will launch an Initial Exchange Offering (IEO) of Phun tokens (Phun) on Liquid Global.
Phun is a utility token developed by Phunware to power their new Blockchain-Enabled Data Exchange and Mobile Loyalty Ecosystem. Brands can utilize Phun to unlock improved functionality provided by Phunware’s Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform and reward consumers for their engagement.
“Blockchain enables us to extend our MaaS platform by deploying an ecosystem to reward consumers for meaningful engagement that fiat currency just can’t replicate due to its inherently high transaction costs. As we discussed in our latest earnings call, it’s extremely important to remember that Phunware is an enterprise software company, so selling Phun as a prepaid digital software product on MaaS is both an attractive and efficient way to generate non-dilutive cash for organic operations without the need for equity, debt or convertible debt in order to support and scale our business.”
– Matt Aune, CFO of Phunware
Aspects of Phunware’s Mobile Loyalty Ecosystem powered by Phun include:
- Consumers receive Phun in return for profitable behaviors, such as completing surveys, watching videos, sharing content or checking into specific physical locations to participate in marketing campaigns.
- Brands can easily rebrand Phun within their existing mobile application portfolios via Phunware’s software development kits and application programming interfaces to avoid changing consumer behavior while maintaining brand awareness.
- Brands receive direct, real-time access to deterministic and intent-based data for their target consumers and can reward the right consumers at the right place at the right time for their voluntary engagement and participation.
- Branded marketplaces give consumers the ability to spend Phun on valuable goods, services, and offers.
- Consumers are encouraged to hold Phun as brands unlock more valuable tiers of rewards for consumers who have an auditable, immutable record of engaging in profitable behaviors.
“Phun represents one of the more professional and promising cryptocurrencies we’ve encountered since launching in 2014. We’re excited to offer our members a chance to buy into a cryptocurrency that can help drive mainstream adoption because it is backed by a publicly-traded US company with a proven track record that has raised more than $100 million from well-known investors including Samsung, Cisco Systems and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).”
– Kai Kono, Head of Asia Pacific, Business Development and Sales at Liquid Group
To participate in this IEO and be among the first to purchase Phun, you will need to be a member of Liquid. Phun is currently not available for purchase by citizens of the United States, Canada or any sanctioned country. Authorized purchasers will be able to take custody of Phun using the ERC-20 wallet of their choice, or the PhunWallet mobile application portfolio, which are expected to be released on both iOS and Android later this year. Within PhunWallet, consumers will be able to track all of their rewards by brand, control which brands they want to engage with and discover new offers and opportunities in real-time.