Open now and concluding August 18th, 2019, the hackathon will challenge participants to leverage the Qtum and Beam platforms in order to develop anonymous assets and blockchain privacy solutions.
The hackathon will be open globally to blockchain developers and community members, and it carries a grand prize valued at $25,000 USD for the most creative and impactful submission.
“In the spirit of Qtum’s mission to inspire global adoption of blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies, the Qtum & Beam Privacy Hackathon will bring some of the best and brightest minds from around the world to consider new approaches to digital anonymity and privacy. Following the success of last year’s Qtum hackathon, which welcomed more than 1,000 participants from 75 countries, I’m confident that the 2019 challenge will result in innovative submissions that will advance the blockchain community as a whole.”
– Qtum CIO Miguel Palencia
- Participants of the hackathon may work individually, or in teams of up to five, to produce open-source projects on the Qtum or Beam blockchains, as well as curate a short accompanying video demonstration.
- Submissions will be judged on their creativity, simplicity, impactfulness, quality of design, and integration with Qtum and Beam technologies
- The submission awarded the global grand prize will receive the equivalent of $25,000 in QTUM tokens, to be split amongst the winning team.
- Participants can also compete to win up to the equivalent of $8,000 in QTUM or Beam tokens in community prizes, which will be awarded to teams displaying excellence in social media content and engagement building.
“We are happy to join forces with Qtum to promote the ideas of privacy to the global development community and help the best devs out there discover how to build on Beam and Mimblewimble.”
– Alex Zaidelson, CEO of Beam
To register to participate in the 2019 Qtum & Beam Privacy Hackathon, visit hackathon.qtum.org.