Tribe Accelerator, a government-supported blockchain accelerator, and part of TRIVE Ventures (TRIVE), a Southeast Asia focused Venture Capital (VC) firm based in Singapore, has announced today the 10 startups which will form the first batch of Tribe Accelerator’s product development focused program.
The 10 startups were chosen by a specially curated team comprising the Tribe Accelerator management team, as well as both corporate partners and investors. Selection guidelines were based on how strategically the startups were aligned to the four Key Focus Areas (Fintech & Insurtech, Mobility & Supply Chain, Data & Telecommunication, Energy & Sustainability), and the strength of their blockchain use-case.
The 10 startups, of which half are local (Singapore) founded include:
1. sgCarMart – sgCarMart is the largest new and used car platform in Singapore with more than 5,000 after-market merchants and 2.6 Million monthly active users.
2. TADA – First launched in Singapore, TADA is the world’s first blockchain based ride-hailing application and is now also present in Cambodia and Vietnam. TADA has more than 200,000 users and 27,000 Drivers in Singapore within 6 months of inception.
3. WhatsHalal – WhatsHalal is creating a Halal ecosystem that focuses on a streamlined farm to table model for the global market.
4. MightyJaxx – Mighty Jaxx is a one-of-a-kind art and design collectibles studio looking to cultivate a market for smarter consumer products all around the world, with a global fanbase of more than 5 Million individuals. The founder was recognized as one of Forbes’ 30 Under 30 Asia in 2018.
5. Limestone Network – Limestone Network is powering the technology layer on top of a 100 hectares Smart City development in the heart of Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
6. Digix – Digix has pioneered the digitizing of traditional asset classes, with gold as their first successful use case. Digix was the first company globally to send a live transaction on the Ethereum blockchain.
7. Chorus Mobility – Chorus has interoperable, soft and hardware architectures for enabling the connected and autonomous vehicles of tomorrow. Chorus recently won the challenge by Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative (MOBI), a mobility consortium with BMW, General Motors and Ford as the founding members.
8. TEMCO – TEMCO streamlines the supply chain ecosystem and aims to tackle the issue of authenticity of high-value goods in second-hand marketplaces.
9. Halo – Halo is building an alternative to existing cloud storage platforms, where users have full control and ownership of their data.
10. Accrue – Accrue develops tools for global event analytics and code-free algorithm development. Recognized as one of the Top 7 New York FinTech firms by the London Stock Exchange in 2016.
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”Yi Ming Ng, Managing Partner of Tribe Accelerator” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]“We are very excited to welcome our first class of companies. Over the next four months, they will have a great opportunity to develop their ideas on our platform. We hope to give them the resources they need to excel, and we are excited to see what the startups will be able to accomplish when integrated into our dynamic network of global partners from both the corporate and blockchain ecosystem.”[/perfectpullquote]