CipherTrace, a cryptocurrency intelligence, and blockchain threat network, announced today CipherTrace Cryptocurrency Intelligence Version 3, which delivers a major upgrade to the platform. It makes new functionality, expanded entity identification, and improved performance available to CipherTrace users immediately. Also, the team now offers a Maltego transform and an expanded API with Ethereum tracing for power users.
Some of the new and expanded capabilities in CipherTrace Cryptocurrency Intelligence Version 3 include:
- Expanded identification and attribution, including of sanctioned entities and nation states
- Hundreds of new exchanges, dark markets, and criminal operations profiled
- Higher-speed searches, including very large wallets
- Intuitive transaction tracing with time, sequence, and cluster views
- Profiling of risk and criminal activity of major exchanges
- Improved wallet views in graph explorer
- Money laundering risk scores displayed in the user interface
- A new knowledge base of crypto companies and criminals
- Better exporting and evidence production
- Transaction risk scoring for AML
- Existing users can view updated tutorials, which will be available online later this week on the CipherTrace service.
A demo of CipherTrace Cryptocurrency Intelligence Version 3 is available for those interested.
CipherTrace reported that the coming year will bring increased cryptocurrency tracing capabilities, coverage of more cryptocurrencies, deep intelligence on fiat-to-crypto linkages, regulatory monitoring, and supervision.
Additionally, the firm has expanded its professional services organization. They now provide expertise of Bank Secrecy Act analysts and financial crime analysts to assist in investigations, compliance, and testimonies.
Lastly, CipherTrace will be introducing a Certified CipherTrace Examiner course in response to growing requests to help educate qualified blockchain financial investigators. It will be available this month and led by ACAMS-certified instructors.