Cryptocurrency exchange KuCoin has announced the token listing of blockchain-based decentralized platform Tron (TRX). As of now, deposits are open with trading pairs involving TRX/BTC and TRX/ETC. Buying, selling, and withdrawal is also now activated. Trading actions can be performed using KuCoin’s app or directly on their website.
Tronix (TRX) is the native cryptocurrency of TRON, which strives to be a decentralized entertainment content sharing platform ultimately leveraging blockchain and peer-to-peer (p2p) network technology. Organized by a non-profit Singapore-based foundation, the Tron Foundation endeavors to tackle the global entertainment industry – presently valued at $1 trillion.
Key highlights of TRON
TRON desires to “Heal the Internet” through the following points:
- Data liberation: free and uncontrolled data
- Allowing content ecosystem where users can get digital assets from content spreading
- Personal ICO with the capacity to distribute digital assets
- Infrastructure to allow distributed digital assets exchange (such as games) and market forecasting.
How Does TRX Work?
Tron’s TRX is a long-term project with an assemblage of phases starting with Exodus in 2017 and ultimately leading to Eternity in 2023.
Below are the key features of each stage:
- Exodus: The free platform for peer to peer distribution, storage, and content.
- Odyssey: Economic incentives put in place to encourage content creation and empowerment.
- Great Voyage: Individual ICO capabilities.
- Apollo: Ability for content producers to issue personal tokens (TRON 20 Token).