TomoChain, a scalable blockchain infrastructure for decentralized applications, token issuance, and integration today announced that the TomoChain testnet 2.0 is available for public participation.
The TomoChain testnet 2.0 launch marks a major step toward the TomoChain mission to be a leading force in building the Internet of Value.
An efficient platform for the tokenized economy, TomoChain envisions an ecosystem of different DApps running on the TomoChain blockchain infrastructure.
TomoChain testnet 1.0 with PoA consensus went live in January 2018 and achieved +1000 TPS under 11 working nodes. Now, on testnet 2.0, PoSV with 150 masternodes for governance efficiency and Double Validation for security enhancement will significantly enhance the platform.
TomoChain Testnet 2.0
TomoChain aims to be a public EVM-compatible blockchain with the following advantages: low transaction fees, fast confirmation time, double validation and randomization for security guarantees.
- [SOON] Double validation*** and randomization
- [LIVE] Proof-of-Stake Voting* consensus
- [LIVE] TomoMaster for deposit and voting
- [LIVE] Decentralized governance through voting
- [LIVE] Current testnet statistics
- [LIVE] Thousands of TPS**
- [LIVE] List of current masternodes and candidates
- [LIVE] TomoScan block explorer
- [LIVE] Rewards for masternodes and voters
- [LIVE] Masternode profile and performance
- [LIVE] Faucet TOMO for testnet
- [LIVE] Block finality status
At the heart of TomoChain, the Proof-of-Stake Voting consensus enables TomoChain as an EVM-compatible and scalable public blockchain, on which every Ethereum smart contract can be effectively run with almost instant transaction confirmation.
PoSV features its Masternode architecture in which coin-holders deposit 50k of TOMO to become a masternode candidate and receive votes from other coin-holders. The most voted masternodes are selected as masternodes for block creation within a period, called epoch. Each masternode takes its block creation in a round-robin manner every 2-second and follows the double validation technique for security reinforcement. A block is finalized if it is signed off by 3/4 masternodes. At the end of each epoch, the masternodes that have signed finalized blocks are rewarded.
Massive acceleration of blockchain performance is one of the most important key features of TomoChain. With our proposed PoSV consensus protocol, TomoChain can reach at least 2k TPS while still enhancing security through Double Validation. With current 2-second block-time and based on current network bandwidth, a transaction in TomoChain can be confirmed within almost 4-second, which significantly improves user experiences, thus widens blockchain’s adoption into the industry. Furthermore, TPS will be dramatically higher once our sharding solution is enabled.
Double validation provides an additional trustless validation layer for security enhancement through a provable uniform distribution decentralized randomization. Specifically, when a block is created by a masternode, it must be verified by another masternode that is randomly selected among the set of masternodes before being added to the blockchain. Double validation strengthens Tomochain’s security, reduces fork and nothing-at-stake attacks, and makes TomoChain unique among other Proof-of-Stake-based blockchains.
- TomoScan – provides user-friendly details and perfection-oriented user interface for TomoChain block explorer. From a user perspective, TomoScan brings TomoChain’s transparency to users, because all block, transaction, finality, smart contracts, DApp and token information are read from TomoChain and shown to users. Furthermore, TomoScan also offers technical visualizations and does useful statistics about the TomoChain performance, token holders and other functionalities.
- TomoMaster – provides a master professional level UI that brings governance power back to the users. Any coin-holder can deposit 50k of TOMO through TomoMaster to become a masternode candidate. For coin-holders, TomoMaster allows for them to vote for masternodes and the decentralized governance without violating the decentralization nature of blockchain. This is realized by seamlessly connecting TomoMaster to well-known Ethereum wallets such as MetaMask. TomoMaster also explores masternode performance statistics for coin-holders to take their voting decision.
- Stat – shows the various metrics regarding the current testnet including the current number of masternodes, masternodes performance, current TPS, block-time, confirmation time, finality and other useful metrics.
- Faucet – allows for users to collect fake TOMO that is only used for experimenting with the TomoChain testnet and has no use in the TomoChain mainnet that will be launched later this year.
TomoChain has released documentation where developers can learn all about the project from the beginning until now. The clear instructions will guide step by step how to use the testnet 2.0.