Beta testing for MyCrypto, an open-source, client-side tool for interacting with the blockchain is over and the site is now live. The open source project that has a client-side tool that can be used for generating ether wallets. It also handles ERC-20 coins.
The MyCrypto team said “We focused our work on improved overall functionality and new features, along with a brand new codebase written in React/Typescript (which gives us a better foundation for all these new features and the future).
Some of the new features on the app are:
- Enhanced security – The platform has upgraded its security features to prevent attacks and faking of the site through iFrames. They have also boosted the integrity of their servers and associated infrastructure.
- Manage Private keys more effectively on mobile devices – Using the Parity signer, users can now be able to securely manage their Private keys on their devices. It is available on both iOS and Android.
- Users can schedule their transactions – The platform has partnered with Chronologic to enable one to use the “Send Later” toggle. This allows for transactions to be sent at a future date.
- Track down transactions easily on the Recent Transaction Tab – This allows users to have a clear view of all their recent transactions.
- Gas price – User Interface has also been overhauled and is now more visible in multiple sections. With these changes, users do not have to manually check gas prices. Users also have the chance to set the amount of gas for a transaction.
- Users also have a token scanner on their app that allows them to easily check the tokens they own – The scanner allows users to view tokens that have non zero balances. Users can easily move from one token to another. They also have the chance to customize accounts and create the tokens they would like to keep track of.
- QR code payments – The app also allows users to request for crypto payments using QR codes.
- Desktop App for MyCrypto – The Alpha version for desktop app is now available for Linux, Windows, and Mac computers.
- Users can also check the equivalent values in fiat or crypto for all their tokens on the app – These values are in USD, GBP, EUR, CHF and also in BTC, ETH, and REP.