Crypto Facilities, a professional cryptocurrency exchange supporting bitcoin (BTC) and ripple (XRP), today announced some important changes to its cryptocurrency Futures contracts and indices.
The London-based company stated the price rises of BTC and XRP over the past year means that the current contracts have become too large to trade for some clients.
The new contract specifications are more trader friendly and will boost liquidity and trade flow. Any open positions have been converted according to the new contract specifications. This does not affect a client’s profit or loss if they had any open positions.
As of October 29th, the following contracts are now live:
- USD-denominated Futures and Turbos have been re-listed as inverse contracts
- the contract size of XBT/USD contracts has changed from 1 bitcoin to 1 USD
- the contract size of XRP/USD contracts has changed from 10,000 XRP to 1 USD
- the contract size of XRP/XBT contracts has changed from 10,000 XRP to 1 XRP
- the XRP indices have changed from representing 10,000 XRP to 1 XRP
The company also announced the discontinuation of custodial services by Elliptic. As of now, all bitcoin deposits are henceforth held by Crypto Facilities directly in deep-cold storage only.
Crypto Facilities has also launched its new branding featuring a cleaner website. Additionally, the trading interface has been optimized for performance. Further improvements are on the way as the team stated it’s been working hard on a totally new trading interface which will come live in just a few weeks.