Cofound.it, a platform for advising and training promising blockchain startups from around the globe, today officially announced Cofound.it Seed. Actually revealed in the beginning of the month, the new program for early-stage blockchain companies introduces the selected startups to the Cofound.it Priority Pass community earlier in the process for a round of seed funding before the larger crowdsale.
David Prais, Head of Cofound.it Seed, said:
“We have selected five great startups which stood out as clear contenders to disrupt the status quo of their industries. Through Cofound.it Seed, we hope to give these projects early advice and insight on their product offerings to increase their chance for a successful crowdsale in the future.”
The first projects selected to launch Cofound.it Seed are:
- Aversafe: a decentralized credential verification network for employees, employers and educational institutions. Aversafe creates a secure method to confirm identities, certificates and work history, thus increasing trust in the hiring process and accelerating background checks.
- BLOCKIE: a platform that combines the security of consensus-driven smart contracts with the power of cloud computing to enable infrastructure provisioning and application deployment straight to the cloud. BLOCKIE will produce open-source software tools for developers and non-developers to create, run, and manage new decentralized applications (DApps).
- Legacy: a unique last will solution. Legacy lets individuals create digital time capsules with video or photo memories, smart property, and cryptocurrencies that can be left behind for loved ones.
- MediaSifter: a news aggregator that empowers users to navigate through the noise and bias of the news while giving them the tools they need to investigate the content they consume. The platform is also censorship resilient, removing the need for trust in a central authority and decentralizing the news consumption process.
- UNICO: a creator of decentralized digital collectables. UNICO creates provable digital scarcity by linking a piece of digital content to a fixed number of access tokens issued on the Ethereum blockchain. This turns premium digital content such as images and videos into limited-edition, blockchain-certified collectibles.
Jan Isakovic Cofound.it CEO and Co-Founder said:
“Our seed program incubates early-stage blockchain startups, while continuing to reward and engage our existing Cofound.it community and Priority Pass members. A Cofound.it Seed project will have the opportunity to validate their business idea and raise enough funds to fully develop their product and team before introducing their offering to a wider public.”